- Pay Rate:
£292.35 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- HACKNEY, LONDON,
Category Manager - Building Maintenance
Reference no: Hackney RQ736894
Pay rate £292.35 per day PAYE
This post exists to provide organisational leadership and to influence practice in the Corporate Property Services area of the Council and will mainly provide construction related procurement support and managing of major works, minor works. repairs and maintenance procurements in this area The role will report to Category Lead - construction and environment but will also have dotted reporting line to the Head of DLO - Building Maintenance and will focus mainly on the procurement of repairs and maintenance contracts, providing holistic support to the DLO - Building Maintenance In respect of their procurements and commissioning, supplier relations, contract management, and through to contributing to quality assurance and service planning
- Using a sound knowledge of procurement best practice, statute and contract case law, Council Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, project manage the procurement workstream for allocated projects, liaising with Council Officers, service users, service providers, specialist advisors (inc. legal, health and safety, financial, and equalities advisors) and other stakeholders as necessary.
- To lead on the most complex contract procurements using well developed skills of personal discretion and judgement.
- Management of other specialist staff for the purposes of the project related work as required.
- To ensure that procurement is undertaken in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders, relevant legislative requirements and the Council’s service priorities.
- To take the lead in ensuring that the principles of the Sustainable Procurement Strategy is translated into the contracting and contract management processes in the DLO - Building Maintenance
- To lead on the development of project plan for each contract, having regard to the needs of the service (and in particular expiry dates of existing contracts and critical start dates for new contracts), the requirements of the procurement process with regard to Standing Orders and Public Procurement Legislation, section 20 consultation requirements and workload.
- To ensure that each project plan is adhered to or adjusted to reflect changed priorities or new developments, making sure that all relevant parties are informed of necessary changes.
- To check with the budget holder that realistic budget provision has been made for each contract, having regard to its whole life costs, before procurement is commenced.
- To advise the Project Sponsor in the identification of a Project Team for each contract (to include operational managers and specialist advisors including legal, financial, health and safety, and equalities advisors, as required).
- To ensure the placement of contract notices in the press and the Find a Tender (FTS) portal as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS) and/or appropriate professional experience at a senior level
- Good knowledge and understanding of the diverse procurement requirements in a building management and construction environment
- A clear understanding of contractual principles and contract law, statute law with regard to public procurement (especially EU and UK public contracts regulations)
- An understanding of Council Standing Orders and Financial regulations in respect of procurement and an understanding of the Procurement Gateway Process
- Good and relevant procurement experience with proven track record of working on complex procurement projects
- Procurement experience within the DLO - Building Maintenance environment
- Strong experience of leading on major and minor works procurement projects relating to the repairs and maintenance of DLO - Building Maintenance stocks
- Experience of establishing complex contracts and service agreements, ideally within a local authority or DLO - Building Maintenance Association context
- Effective interpersonal skills with good verbal and written skills, a persuasive presenter, facilitator, influencer and negotiator
- Ability to influence key decision makers and stakeholders to implement a performance management culture within a team providing diverse and complex specialist services
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Category Manager - Building Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.