- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Job Ref: Sunderland 2022 AGY 102
Pay Rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
To undertake technical work, as part of a supervised team, to defined standards or codes of practice and providing a quality and efficient service to customers
- To process claims for Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) and Local Welfare Provision (LWP) applications for Crisis Support and Community Care Support
- Comply with defined policies, DWP guidelines and Business Processes when making decisions on claims for DHP’s and LWP
- To carry out excellent case management across a caseload of new and repeat customers including managing recall and customer support
- Record data accurately on monitors for management information and to enable the completion of statistical reports and Government returns
- Complete detailed and accurate case management files with relevant information and documents
- To provide an excellent customer service in relation to enquiries and complaints within policies and procedures as well as offering advice and supporting information that will produce positive outcomes for customers
- To work effectively with others to build excellent working relationships with Housing Associations/Landlords, Benefits service, Welfare Rights Service, First Tier Providers, Customer Service Network, Suppliers and DWP/HMRC
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally, in person or over the telephone, and in writing to share and obtain information
- Be able to provide excellent customer service by being able to delight customers and deliver high quality tailored services to meet needs and exceed expectations
- Able to see tasks through to completion, ensuring they are completed on time or to deadlines and to a high degree of accuracy whilst also paying attention to detail
- Listens to others to assess requirements in order to respond appropriately and efficiently
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.