- Pay Rate:
£11.10 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Tonbridge, Kent,
Temporary Caretaker – Estate Services
Job Ref: CLA TCL 0007 C87A / 1
Pay Rate: £11.10 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Tonbridge, Kent
Basic DBS disclosure
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a high-quality caretaking service to residents, ensuring that estates are clean, tidy and safe.
- Inspect and clean all communal areas in accordance with agreed specifications including sweeping and mopping, external litter picking, leaf clearance, cleaning bin areas and rotating bins.
- Carry out health and safety checks of communal areas as required. Report bulk rubbish, graffiti, abandoned vehicles to the appropriate teams.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Health and Safety policy and legislation. Adhere to all risk assessments and safe working practices and report all accidents and incidents within the agreed timeframes.
- Grit estate access paths and roads when snow/ice expected.
- Assist in monitoring internal and external services provided on the estate.
- Store all equipment and chemicals safely in line with the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations and health and safety guidelines.
- Record all work through the Estate Services Monitoring system including reporting repairs and Anti Social Behaviour issues to the relevant departments.
- Deal with residents courteously and respectfully, being helpful at all times.
- If company van supplied, ensure company vehicles are kept clean, relevant inspections completed, and accidents/damage/incidents reported in the correct manner.
- Undertake any other duties broadly consistent with the level of the post as required by the team leader/operations manage.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence.
- Good standard of general education.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of providing a customer focused service.
- Able to effectively use a hand held computer device.
- Awareness of manual handling and health and safety in the workplace
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations.
- Knowledge of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSs)
- Experience of cleaning or caretaking duties.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Caretaker – Estate Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.