- Pay Rate:
£11.21 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00-17:30
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- WESTMINSTER, London,
Temporary Caretaker - Building Services and Maintenance
Reference no: ATR 5238298
Pay rate: £11.21 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 08:00-17:30
This opening assignment is for 1 month
City: WESTMINSTER, London
Full UK Driving Licence
A Caretaker is required to work across two buildings, one in W9 1TD and the other in W2 1RY. To undertake and maintain a clean and safe environment of all communal areas, leasehold and tenant blocks of flats. Meeting to a good practice for cleaning operations in accordance to a set programme of works in addition to variations to the contract, with due regard to Health and Safety, company and customer satisfaction
- Carry out the full range of cleaning operations at each site specified in the internal cleaning of buildings contract plus variation orders, including: sweep and disinfect bin stores and refuse chambers; vacuuming, polishing, dusting and wiping clean of all surfaces, removal of cobwebs; cleaning, disinfecting, de-scaling of kitchen areas, toilets, bathrooms, showers, taps, communal areas, drainage pipes, laundry and bin rooms/ areas; mopping of all floors, stairs, landings and walkways; cleaning of cupboards, work-surfaces, kitchen appliances, handrails and fixings; removal of ingrained dirt from all surfaces; removal of sharps needles and blood spillages; removal of graffiti, excrement, vomit and urine from surfaces and disinfect; polishing and cleaning of glass and mirrors; general cleaning duties; litter pick and sweep all entrances and exits and empty and clean cigarette bins.
- Programme door entry fobs as requested.
- Inspect all surfaces to ensure there are no hazards. Take immediate action to remove hazard if possible and report to Caretaking and Cleaning Supervisor.
- Carry out COSHH and risk assessments, before use of chemical or activity.
- Ensure all cleaning chemicals used are the correct ones, and that they are used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure that equipment and vehicles used are thoroughly checked prior to use, any faults or defects are rectified with immediate effect and that maintenance logs are accurately and promptly maintained.
- Routinely to clean the vehicles inside and out. Ensure that the basic maintenance tasks are regularly undertaken in accordance with procedures and requirements to ensure that the vehicle, materials and equipment are transported and are stored safely.
- Ensure that the correct Health and Safety PPE are being worn at all times.
- Maintain all administration records as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- British Institute of Cleaning desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 1 years’ experience in cleaning.
- 1 years’ experience in commercial cleaning activities.
- Evidence of Basic Health and Safety Training.
- Evidence of Current Cleaning practices.
- Understanding of the use of cleaning equipment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Methodical approach to work.
- A team player who supports colleagues and is able to represent the Company.
- Clear understanding of the importance of customer service.
- Commitment to high quality work.
- Able to use initiative with the limits of own duties.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to carry out duties in a challenging role.
- Willing to undertake new training as required.
- Current driving licence.
- Able to carry and operate some reasonably heavy hand held machinery.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Caretaker - Building Services and Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.