- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday –Friday normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Bournemouth, Dorset,
Interim Care Manager – Social Care
Job Ref: Bournemouth 5240467
Pay Rate: £25.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday –Friday normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4 months
City: Bournemouth, Dorset
Hybrid working – candidates must be able to undertake home visits, telephone, and online assessments.
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide a Social Care service, supporting people in vulnerable circumstances and their carers to achieve a maximum independence and autonomy, as directed by national policy, legislation and guidance in accordance with the Councils policies. This includes providing a service to older people, people with dementia, people with physical disabilities, people with learning disabilities, people with sensory impairment, people with mental ill health needs, people who misuse alcohol or drugs needs, and people with combinations of various needs.
- As required under the Department of Health Guidance, to gather information from service users, carers, health professionals and other agencies to undertake and prepare person centred and needs led assessments in line with the required Assessments Processes (e.g. single assessment, ICPA, etc). This will often be in a crisis situation when we are 'on duty'.
- Support individuals to prepare, develop and plan their Care Plans and, where appropriate, with their carers support, the individual to arrange and / or represent holistic care plan, taking the lead on individual brokerage where required, negotiating required services.
- Undertake the monitoring, adjusting, evaluation and reviewing of Assessments and Care Plans for service users and carers
- Support individuals to access eligible sources of income, including where appropriate benefit checks; continuing health care; community care; Supporting People monies, etc.
- Consider whether a person may not have the mental capacity to make specific decisions and to take forward appropriate actions under the Mental Capacity Act as required.
- Operate within financial and budgetary guidelines whilst applying the Borough's eligibility criteria and balancing risks to service users and carers. To identify with the service user the most cost effective care packages to meet needs, to cost packages of care, detail the case for provision of services and submit to Management for agreement.
- As statutory duty dictates, maintain essential records including information for continuity, safeguarding and statically purposed and create and store records and information available in accordance with data protection. To use computerised systems appropriate to the Care Management role. To prepare and produce paperwork including the typing of Care Plans / support plans, assessments and reports.
- Forge and maintain effective links with partner agencies, e.g GPs, Community Nurses, Psychiatric Services, Police, etc, to ensure useful and effective partnership working.
- Undertake duty / immediate response work within the team to make unknown and often potential critical situations safe. To negotiate emergency provision of services to ensure immediate and most critical needs are met. To co-ordinate other professionals; assisting them to be aware of their roles and limitations.
- Contribute to the development of services: To participate in any new service developments.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence with vehicle available and insured for business use.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a care management framework.
- Knowledge of service users’ needs in terms of culture, choice, dignity and respect.
- An understanding of issues that affect people and their carers'
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to undertake visits to people in their own homes and elsewhere.
- Able to evaluate and review services, then implement any necessary changes to service provision.
- Able to communicate clearly with service users and others, in order to make comprehensive assessment of need.
- Able to prioritise risks and needs against Fair Access to Care Services criteria and implement a plan for provision of service.
- Able to organise own work and records in a context of varying demands.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Care Manager – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.