- Pay Rate:
£28,000 per annum
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- Enham, Hampshire,
Care Home Manager – Social Care
Job Ref: Blackpool 0008 6FCB / 1
Pay Rate: £28,000 per annum
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 12 months
City: Enham, Hampshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
As the Registered Manager, you will take responsibility and proactive actions in maintaining and ensuring standards of care within the home are compliant with CQC regulations, the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and as amended and all C&C policies and procedures.
- To lead by example always acting as an ambassador for promoting the vales and ethos of C&C’s Care Strategy and the Skills for Care Code of Conduct for Care Workers England, embedding these in own working practices. To maintain a comprehensive and personal knowledge of residents to ensure their care needs and preferences are met. Interaction with residents reflects the Principles of Care that is driven by communication not task engaging in topics of relevance to their interests and life history.
- Lead, direct, support and work with care colleagues to ensure that care provided responds flexibly to the needs of residents as individuals and respects privacy, choice, control, and dignity.
- Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of residents are recognised, assessed and where possible met through the effective formulation and review of care plans in liaison with colleagues, other health and social care professionals and family members/loved ones as appropriate. To ensure that all interaction with residents is driven by the principles of person-centred practice.
- Be fully aware of the health and well-being of each resident and take proactive steps to address any concerns of poor/ill-health or signs and where relevant make prompt and appropriate referrals to other professionals/agencies.
- Recognise, identify and respond to any incidents and accidents and safeguarding concerns appropriately. In the event of a safeguarding concern, record concerns within an incident report and report to the local safeguarding team without delay and prior to leaving the shift.
- Accurately complete the necessary notifications and requirements to the CQC in line with relevant legislation including but not limited to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- Encourage residents to maintain maximum independence and their active involvement where possible in decision making about activities, personal care and lifestyle, promoting choice and participation and stimulating their participation in the running of the service.
- Maintain proactive leadership and completion of all Care Home Audits in line with best practice including being responsible for developing and implementing action plans to secure continuous improvements.
- Ensure and monitor the effective running of the home ensuring all legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are met, and all risk assessments are regularly carried out (including fire checks), to meet the high standards expected in the Care Homes.
- Ensure that the staffing Rota is organized to provide resilience cover and to required levels in line with commissioned hours and C&C’s minimum staffing levels.
- Ensure that the home provides a safe and secure environment for all residents, implementing and maintaining required checks and standards and seeking to achieve a homely and clean appearance where residents and their families and friends feel comfortable and welcome.
- Ensure the home is well led by ensuring that the environment of the home, it’s atmosphere and culture reflect the Care Strategy and Skills for care Code of Conduct for Care Workers England in being friendly, relaxed, and personalized, and to take innovative steps to enable this to be always achieved.
- Ensure that all medication practice within the home is strictly monitored and that administration practice is carefully managed in line with legislation and best practice. Contribute actively to continuous improvement in this area.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- A recognised degree or professional qualification in health/social care e.g., Level 4 Diploma – Leadership for Health and Social Care.
- Social Work England registration.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience of managing a care home for the elderly delivering care and support to people with complex, dementia needs Experience of supporting people who may experience distressed behaviours.
- Significant experience of monitoring service quality · Proven experience of effective medication management.
- Budget management experience
- Experience of forming effective internal and external working relationships at all levels
- Strong experience of recruiting and the performance management of staff.
- Excellent written, communication and IT skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of a Registered Home Manager.
- Detailed knowledge of the care standards and compliance requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safeguarding issues, proactively ensuring that people are kept safe, protected from harm.
- Working knowledge of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Good knowledge of local and national health and social care legislation, policy and practice relating to older people.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Care Home Manager – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.