- Pay Rate:
£22.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- SHEFFORD, Bedfordshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Capital Works Surveyor – Housing/Kitchen & Bathrooms
Job Reference: C Bedfordshire RQ718749
Pay Rate: £22.18 per hour PAYE
To offer a resolution focused surveying service providing excellent customer service at every stage to enhance the reputation of the Housing property service including:
- To deliver a comprehensive technical surveying function incorporating diagnosis, specification, ordering, supervision and communication in order to maximise effectiveness and financial performance.
- Strong contractor management, to ensure that performance levels are maintained and early escalation of issues to ensure they are resolved promptly and in line with contractual obligations.
- Provide a proactive and commercially focussed service to customers, achieving customer satisfaction levels, service standards and KPIs.
- Ensure all contractors are working to service standards to achieve the required results for the customer. Customer experience to be the highest priority and acting quickly when things go wrong, taking ownership and accountability to put things right through collaborative working, clear communication and keeping accurate records.
- Building strong and positive relationships with contractors and colleagues across the business, enhancing our reputation for delivering a service that strives to get things ‘right first time’ and understanding how the part we play fits into the wider organisational goals.
- Carrying out audits and post-inspections to make sure we’re satisfied with the quality and condition of work, in adherence to legislation and statutory compliance. Quickly address and resolve any work or conditions that have fallen short of our standards.
- Work with others across maintenance and the wider operations directorate to collaborate with key stakeholders ensuring end-to-end completion of works with strong customer and colleague communication throughout.
- Ensure that appropriate consultation for Leaseholders is undertaken with regards to procuring works in line with Section 20 legislation.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC, HND, BTEC HND or higher, in a building discipline, or over 5 years hands on experience of related repairs surveying/ construction from a trade background.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Ability to accurately diagnose, specify, order, supervise and manage technical repair solutions.
- Knowledge of repair responsibilities, leasehold obligations and other related housing issues.
- Knowledge of construction improvement, servicing, repairs works, dampness and condensation and economic repair of traditional and non-traditional domestic buildings.
- A working knowledge of Contract Law and Administration.
- A working knowledge of Building Regulations, Gas Servicing , Asbestos and Health and Safety.
- Ability to write reports outlining structural and/or repair based solutions.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Capital Works Surveyor – Housing/Kitchen & Bathrooms
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.