- Pay Rate:
£29.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Kensington, London,
Interim Capital Programme PMO Lead – Property Services
Job Ref: K&C 5244826
Pay Rate: £29.56 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: Kensington, London
The purpose of the role is to lead a construction PMO including major projects and planned maintenance - set up documentation monitor progress, operationalise templates.
The Capital Programme PMO Lead will lead an effective Project Management office function across the Social Investment and Property’s Capital Delivery Team that supports and challenges on delivery; co-ordinates and reports regularly on performance and manages the overarching project management function and systems for all projects to provide a strategic overview of delivery.
- Ensure c£100m of capital programmes and projects within Social Investment and Property are managed and led in accordance with Council procedures and construction project management best practices.
- Lead and produce agreed reports to Councillor and senior Officer stakeholders on the delivery status and performance of the capital programme
- Work autonomously to develop implement, embed and facilitate a Capital Delivery Life cycle for projects with processes to effectively manage projects including a best practice construction project management methodology for projects covering financial and project management, performance monitoring and service plan oversight.
- Lead the organisation and management of relevant Capital Programme Governance meetings working with the Capital Programme PMO. This includes ensuring the team have set meetings, have meeting management in hand such as drafting agendas, following up on actions and ensuring minutes are done in a timely fashion.
- Establish a project reporting framework and standard templates aligned to the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Chartered institute of Building (CIOB) stages or other relevant frameworks including the initiation, implementation and monitoring of Microsoft (MS) Project, monthly project dashboards, monthly project summary reports and manage these on an on-going basis. Be responsible for triggering escalation reporting on project delivery.
- Deputise for the Head of the Capital Programme PMO when required
- Responsible for the proactive management of risks, issues, actions, decision and dependencies. Ensuring that these are being updated and closed off by the programme team. Reporting to programme boards to ensure they have visibility of key risks and issues impacting the programme
- Responsible for establishing and managing the programme’s change control process applying rigor and challenge to project managers, teams and leads on inputs and ensuring programme boards are sighted on all changes being submitted
- Support delivery of a robust project management service to ensure effective co-ordination and reporting of information to both the Director and wider internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of policy and legislation developments and changes that impact on the services delivered including the Green agenda, health safety and compliance, housing regulation and asset management
- Support the team on governance including timely submission of accurate and comprehensive information to input into Key Decisions; Select Committee reports; project bids and all other governance areas ensuring meeting of all Council reporting requirements.
- Support continuous improvement through identification of service review areas; providing constructive challenge and developing SMART action plans and lessons learned exercises to deliver improvements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence
- Educated to an advanced level with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (grades A-C) including maths and English and two A levels (grades A-C) or equivalent.
- Qualification in Project Management and / or Programme Management.
- Construction related certificate / diploma / degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience setting up, implementing and leading a construction/ capital delivery focused project and programme management office function.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering within the public sector.
- Must have experience of leading a PMO to take project teams through RIBA stages 0-7.
- Significant experience working with and advising teams on developing project documentation including developing client requirements for construction projects.
- Experience of leading others to make decisions around risk management and mitigation.
- Experience line managing or providing supervision for team members.
- Experience writing briefings and reports for senior stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
- Experience reviewing and condensing large, complex volumes of information and distilling risks, issues and next steps.
- Experience of implementing change management in relation to new processes and procedures.
- Experience of engaging with staff and stakeholders to gain buy in for new processes and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of best practice construction project management and programme management aligned to the RIBA stages and CIOB frameworks as well as risk management methodology, processes and documentation.
- Relevant knowledge of public sector finance management, capital delivery and property.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate high level organisation skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions autonomously within frameworks and process.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work with figures and statistics, consider options appraisals and make informed decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with a range of audiences including staff, customers, residents, other professionals and members of the community.
- Ability to demonstrate effective presentation skills in internal and external meetings.
- Ability to negotiate and influence with junior and senior members of the team, advising, mentoring, leading and managing up where necessary.
- Ability to lead and motivate others not under direct management control.
- Excellent IT skills and strong experience using MS Office, SharePoint, Teams, Power BI, IT software packages including the set up and maintenance of MS Project.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Capital Programme PMO Lead – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.