- Pay Rate:
Up to £483.96 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 4 months
Interim Capacity & Availability Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060027
Pay Rate: Up to £483.96 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: London – 2 Days per week minimum
As a Capacity & Availability Manager you will contribute to the development and delivery of a high-quality Capacity & Availability Management process to be consistently delivered across the Estate.
You will be working in a Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model and essential to your success will be the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a variety of suppliers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
The primary role of the Capacity & Availability Manager is to contribute to the design and implement the Capacity & Availability Management process, and drive adoption and continual improvement in its execution.
The Capacity & Availability Manager makes sure that technical changes to IT services are adequately impacted assessed, in line with processes and using appropriate tools.
At this level, you will provide an escalation point translating business needs and plans into capacity and performance requirements for services and IT infrastructure, and to ensure that future capacity and performance needs can be fulfilled.
Responsible for operating a governance framework for Capacity management, considering all resources required to deliver the IT service, and plans for short, medium, and long-term business requirements.
- Effectively monitor the Capacity and performance of IT services to ensure they fully meet end user and business needs.
- Provide advice and assistance associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component Availability.
- Responsible for monitoring IT Capacity and Availability levels, comparing actual levels against targets, taking forward the investigation of any breaches of
- Availability targets and service non-availability with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Provide Capacity and Availability requirements for new or modified IT services.
- Maintain a Capacity Management Plan.
- Ensure clear lines of communications to stakeholders/suppliers.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Capacity-related incidents and problems are addressed.
- Assuring the quality of data & reports obtained from various sources.
- Create & publish Capacity & Availability management reports.
- Representing the department at key stakeholder meetings.
- Working with Project Managers, Service Managers and Transition Managers on new projects to ensure there is sufficient Capacity and Availability to meet service level targets.
- Identifying and mitigating risks related to Capacity & Availability.
- Provide training/introduction sessions for the SIAM Capacity & Availability process for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to improving the Capacity & Availability Management process and governance framework.
- User focus - Understands users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users. Puts users first and can manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of service management framework - Has an in-depth understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities
- Service focus - Maintains focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service.
- Relationship management - Identifies, analyses, manages and monitors relationships with and between stakeholders. Clarifies mutual needs and commitments through consultation and consideration of impacts. For example, the co-ordination of all promotional activities to one or more customers to achieve satisfaction for the customer and an acceptable return for the supplier; assistance to the customer to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from products and services supplied.
- Ownership and initiative - Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Strategic thinking - Able to have an overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact. This could include determining patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. Can focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- Service Reporting - Takes management information and consolidates agreed key performance indicators into product or service measures that underpin service management of a specific product or service.
- Business analysis (IT operations) - Able to visualise, articulate, solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information.
- Continual service improvement - Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement.
- Broad technical understanding - This specific knowledge underpins an individual’s ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks for their role. This relates to the application of the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge.
- Asset and configuration management - Conducts the lifecycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties. This includes managing usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, sustainability, cost optimisation and protection of the asset portfolio.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Capacity & Availability Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.