- Pay Rate:
Up to £237 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months rolling contract
Interim CAD Pipe Layout Engineer – On-site – PSR 1JP00062365
Pay Rate: Up to £277 per day pay range subject to IR35 status *Rate Increased*
This role is onsite with potentially some scope for WHF ad-hoc
To work as part of the Plant Design Team, which is responsible for the design and installation of cooling water and ventilation systems. You will be responsible for modelling and designing new plant layouts, and modifications to existing, using AutoCAD Plant 3D, and for maintenance of and modifications to existing models and project templates.
- Administrative upkeep of the Plant 3D configuration.
- Use AutoCAD Plant 3D 2023 to produce coordinated plant and services layout models with mechanical services (e.g. water; air; ventilation ductwork; piped gases) and cable trays.
- Produce Orthogonal layouts and isometric drawings as required.
- ‘De-clash’ services and demonstrate your layout models at Design reviews using Navisworks Manage 2023.
- Keep stakeholders updated throughout the design process.
- Liaise with Design Engineers as well as Operational and Maintenance staff to coordinate pipework layout.
- Carry out site survey work to take measurements as necessary or organize an internal 3D scan of area.
- Import 3D Point Cloud scan data into your models.
- Liaise with external support consultancy with software ‘troubleshooting’ or project template modifications as required.
- Carry out 2D AutoCAD work as directed.
- Experience designing plant layouts in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or significant relevant experience.
- ‘In depth’ knowledge of using AUTOCAD Plant 3D including setting up projects; changing project specifications; creating new components etc.
- Knowledge of different pipework systems: Stainless steel - hygienic; metric TRUBORE and Press fit; Copper pipework and Plastic pipework – MDPE, ABS and PVC.
- Experience of working within the nuclear or water sectors.
- Practical experience of working with different pipework systems.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- BPSS clearance required.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
CAD Pipe Layout Engineer - *Rate Increased*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.