- Pay Rate:
£18.61 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- HACKNEY, LONDON,
Temporary Cabinet Support Officer
Reference no: Hackney RQ789302
Pay rate £18.61 per hour PAYE
To work as part of the Mayor & Cabinet Office providing a comprehensive, coordinated and efficient support service to the Council’s senior leadership, enabling the Mayor and Cabinet to deliver their strategic objectives
- Manage the Cabinet member diaries including arranging meetings, preparing and dispatching agendas, minutes and other documents as necessary, ensuring that the Cabinet member’s time is utilised efficiently and they are fully briefed and prepared for each meeting and for the week ahead.
- Attending high level meetings and taking accurate, well written notes and ensuring that actions are followed up as necessary.
- Co-ordinating and quality assuring briefings for external meetings and other matters relevant to Cabinet portfolios; also to draft briefing notes both at the Deputy Mayors’ and Cabinet Members’ request and as a result of identifying forthcoming issues.
- Providing a facilitation role between the Mayor, Deputy Mayors, and Cabinet Members, the Council and outside partners to ensure the effective delivery of policy development and decision making, providing advice and steers as needed.
- To ensure that the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members are briefed fully and within appropriate timescales on all significant matters that arise from the flow of correspondence and papers into the Mayor and Cabinet Office; to include reading prepared briefings, and summarising relevant information for the Mayor and Cabinet, identifying and highlighting any potential issues.
- To brief the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members on policy and operational priorities and ensure that matters are progressed.
- Booking rooms, making travel arrangements, organising tele/videoconferences and arranging refreshments as required.
- To provide a professional service in receiving visitors as a first point of contact and representative of the Mayor, Cabinet and Council.
- To provide a reliable, quick and accurate service for the assigned Cabinet members in word processing, using spreadsheets or preparing presentations using IT packages such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Suggesting new ways of doing things and taking a proactive approach to understanding, and getting involved with, the wider strategic objectives of the Cabinet members and their portfolios
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good knowledge and understanding of current issues facing London local authorities
- Political nous, and knowledge of local government policies and political and legislative developments, as well as the local government legislative and financial framework
- Substantial experience in a similar role providing support to a senior manager or politician, providing a range of support services including diary management, and drafting letters and reports
- Experience of attending high-level meetings and taking accurate notes to ensure any follow-up work required is recorded and monitored
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent time management skills, develop work plans, set priorities, meet deadlines and prioritise conflicting demands
- Ability to plan and manage the diary of two or more Cabinet members and forward plan
- Ability to work closely with the Mayor and Cabinet and develop and manage relationships
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Cabinet Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.