- Pay Rate:
Up to £222.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Business Support – Service Lead – Children’s Services
Reference no: Dudley 1009692
Pay Rate: Up to £222.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
Under the overall direction of the Head of Business Support the post holder will be responsible for the children’s services business & executive support function within the Directorate.
The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of all available resources to provide or commission a high quality service(s) to the Directorate. The post holder will provide effective leadership and management to the service area.
- Plan, monitor and control the work of Business & Executive Support (spread over a number of buildings), setting priorities and liaising with other heads of service, service managers and team managers to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient business support service.
- Manage service provision to meet defined targets and quality standards.
- Ensure that the service meet expectations and achieves service objectives through adopting a proactive, positive and effective approach to performance management at individual and service level.
- Direct responsibility and accountability for the management of Business Support, including income and expenditure authorisation, ensuring effective and proper spend and compliance with statutory financial regulations.
- Promote and implement good employment policy and practice ensuring that individuals are effectively performance managed; supported in their professional development and fully equipped to deliver service expectations.
- Continually review the development of staff within Business Support in line with service requirements.
- Actively review processes and procedures within the Business Support to ensure high quality, accurate and effective support is provided.
- Define standards & documentation to ensure the smooth running of the Business Support & ensure that they are implemented.
- Foster relationships with individuals and managers across Children’s Services to ensure objectives are met.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection process.
- Ensure effective communications within and across the service areas of responsibility.
- Actively lead and promote a positive approach to equality which ensures the Council meets its statutory obligations, engages with all of its communities and develops an inclusive culture which positively welcomes diversity.
- Make an effective contribution to corporate, directorate and service wide management teams and support the Council’s leadership in service developments and where appropriate key corporate policies and initiatives.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence is required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support – Service Lead – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.