- Pay Rate:
up to £11.47 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Business Support Officer x2
Reference no: Bury 0007 4D4C / 1
Pay rate up to £11.47 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
This is a unique role. You will be working closely with a wide range of colleagues due to the multi-agency nature of the role. This means your days will spend speaking to safeguarding colleagues across health, social care, police, voluntary sector, you will therefore have strong communication skills with a professional and friendly attitude to liaising with colleagues
- To maintain computerised diary system for all BISP activity including meetings, case review panels, training events, conferences etc. To ensure time is optimised and bookings are accurate and timely
- To undertake word processing, shorthand or speedwriting including minute taking for BISP Multi-agency meetings. Collating and finalising agendas, following up outstanding actions, and highlighting any concerns to the Senior Administrator
- To compose correspondence as required on behalf of Partnership members, Subgroup Chairs.
- To update the BISP website and ensure accurate recording of information before publication
- To support and assist the BISP Learning & Development Officer with the design, production and updating of training resources and materials for multi-agency training courses
- To assist with the administration, publishing and coordination of BISP multi agency training courses including liaison with front line practitioners and promotion of training courses on the BISP website and liaising with the internal/external promotion of upcoming courses
- To administrate all elements of training courses through booking venues and arranging refreshments (when not virtual), coordinating facilitator availability, sending pre course materials including preparing materials (eg handouts etc), attending events to oversee smooth running and to represent the Partnership, maintaining registration and collating attendance, and invoicing agencies who are required to pay for attendance on multi-agency training courses etc. This also includes any relevant additional administration co-ordination such as making travel and accommodation arrangements where necessary.
- To collate and provide statistical information as required regarding Partnership activities in liaison with the Business Manager, Quality Assurance Officer, Learning Development Officer, and Case Review Officer
- To provide advice, guidance and information regarding services provided by the Partnership to professionals and members of public
- To maintain filing systems as appropriate
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE standard of education/equivalent
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act, Confidentiality, and Information Sharing Protocols
- Knowledge of safeguarding child and adult guidance and legislation (desirable)
- Knowledge of multi-agency work to safeguard children and young people and adults at risk (desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a public sector or similar administrative support service
- Experience of coordinating training and booking delegates on to courses
- Experience of working on administrative systems and recording data
- Experience of Administration of complex and sensitive safeguarding meetings (Including agenda setting/minute-taking/ general co-ordination)
- Experience of working as part of team
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to organise the work schedules and forward plans of the Bury Partnership and partner agencies
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.