- Pay Rate:
Up to £15.06 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- HEADINGTON, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Business Support Officer x2 – Adults & Housing
Job Reference: Oxfordshire 5218402
Pay Rate: Up to £15.06 per hour PAYE for exceptional candidates
Basic DBS disclosure required
Your role will be crucial in supporting teams to provide constant and consistent services to people using the HomeFirst Team.
These posts will provide a high-quality service to the organisation to ensure people contacting HomeFirst are dealt with using a strengths-based approach, ensuring community support options are maximised.
As a Business Support Officer, you will be responsible for dealing with telephone queries that are directed towards the HomeFirst Team looking at how people can be supported/signposted, as well as undertaking additional duty functions such supporting with hospital discharges, reviewing waiting and other tasks to support duty.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent business support/senior administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Front line/customer service (visitor/telephone) experience with the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English.
- Experience of information and data research, retrieval entry and collation using information management/ internet/ web-based systems
- ICT Skills: Experience of using MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook including electronic diary management to an intermediate level
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer x2 – Adults & Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.