- Pay Rate:
£14.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Business Support Officer - Early Help & Social Care
Reference no: Walsall (HQ) TCL 16647
Pay Rate: £14.91 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
To provide accurate minute and note taking at conference, panel and other statutory meetings. Ensuring minutes are completed within statutory timescales. Accurately record information including statutory registers, statutory cover rotas, case /appeal records whilst ensuring information is stored appropriately.
Adhere to safeguarding policies and act in a way that safeguards the health, safety and well- being of vulnerable children, young people and their families at all times. Work with a range of partner agencies to ensure attendance at meetings and those meetings which are chaired by partner agencies / independent chairs are appropriately supported.
- Proactively provide Business Support functions, including administrative services; incoming/outgoing post records management, finance systems, inputting into systems as applicable to each service and other databases administration: the arrangement of meetings and note taking; using appropriate administrative techniques including diary management; Microsoft Office; Powerpoint and other IT skills as required, To work as part of a team as the central point of contact for customers an operational colleagues in the raising, allocation and completion of jobs.
- Undertake telephone and reception duties, ensuring good standards of customer care, dealing with enquiries from a range of stakeholders. To undertake generic inbox management on behalf of services. Ensure that correspondence and other information Is acknowledged and responded to as applicable and is appropriately filed; electronic files are kept up to date and that bring forward and reminder systems are operated efficiently.
- Be responsible for independently arranging meetings and training courses with internal and external parties (identifying appropriate agency attendance), coordinating all arrangements, including ensuring all required paperwork is completed within statutory timescales and circulated to relevant parties preparing and distributing agenda items, information packs and any other documentation, including booking rooms, arranging and/or setting up appropriate IT equipment, ordering refreshments and inviting participants using electronic or traditional methods.
- Organise and attend non-statutory and statutory meetings and working parties to take action points /notes as necessary, formalising notes into appropriate formats and distributing accordingly.
- Transcribe recordings of meetings into minutes of the meeting into the appropriate template.
- Organise and attend meetings such as Family Safeguarding Supervisions, and update workbooks on the appropriate client management system live in the meeting.
- Provide directorate service areas with interview support, meeting and greeting interviewees, photocopying and scanning key documentation, assisting with producing and collating assessment documentation and on boarding of successful employee.
- Support as appropriate checks (eg. DBS) for Foster Carers.
- Proactively arrange conference, travel bookings for colleagues, including where appropriate overnight accommodation.
- Liaise with Educations partners and Government agencies to ensure records are maintained and updated regularly and information is available for funding claims.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educational Attainment to a GCSE level A-C or equivalent
- NVQ 3 in administration
- Must have basic knowledge of key notes that need to be recorded during meetings.]
- Have an appreciation of basic health and safety knowledge in relation to the work environment.
- Must have experience of attending various meetings and taking notes/minutes as good typists are required.
- Demonstrate experience of regularly drafting routine correspondence
- Have a broad experience of organising visits, conferences and functions to a high standard
- Experience of working in a fast pace administration environment where multiple demands could be made at any one time.
- Experience of providing high level customer service
- Experience of operating within data protection protocols
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of effective management of filing systems – both manual and IT systems.
- Experience of IT software, particularly Microsoft package covering Work, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrate working as part of a team on change initiatives activities
Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Possess excellent IT skills which must include experience of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have customer care skills
- Demonstrate independent thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to manage the delivery of business support across multiple teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to be an assertive and confident communicator when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must be able to prioritise a heavy workload of a diverse nature
- Able to demonstrate excellent clerical, administration skills
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of financial processes (eg. Invoicing/handling petty cash).
- Ability to interrogate records and statistical information including data manipulation
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive experience for arranging, attending and minute taking meetings and transcribing recordings of meetings
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer - Early Help & Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.