- Pay Rate:
£13.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Haringey, London,
Temporary Business Support Officer - Children’s Services (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Haringey RQ797608
Pay Rate: £13.63 per hour PAYE
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
A Business Support Officer is needed to provide professional business support to meet the statutory and operational requirements of Children’s Service.
To ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service within required timescales and in line with corporate and service policies and operating guidelines.
- Document Management; Administration; Data entry to systems; Supporting Meetings; Minute Taking of lower-level cases and other meetings as requested by service.
- Responsible for delivering, to a high standard, the full menu of business support activities as defined by the operating model to ensure effective operation of the service.
- Provide effective business support to meet the statutory and operational requirements of Children’s Services.
- Proactively develop skills, knowledge, and abilities in delivering a high-quality business support service to Children’s Services.
- Organise and prioritise own workload, renegotiating targets/deadlines as conflicting demands necessitate.
- Liaise effectively, professionally, and co-operatively with Business Support staff and service users, always presenting an efficient image of Business Support.
- Maintain accurate and effective communication with line management (to include the provision of reports and presentations) ensuring that they are regularly appraised of planned changes and developments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of providing excellent business support functions ideally in a complex or regulated environment delivering high quality services.
- Experience of IT systems and how they support service delivery.
- Experience of delivering service improvements through a programme of continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of the IT based systems in use within the organisation for general and specialist functionality and how they support service delivery.
- Knowledge of Local Authority services and role they play in meeting needs of the community.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain simple information, recording and filing systems (manual and computerised).
- Ability to enter, collate, compile and distribute information (including statistical data) consistently and effectively using a variety of methods best suited to meeting client outcomes.
- Effectively working as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer - Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.