- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ELLESMERE PORT,
Temporary Business Support Officer - Childrens Services
Reference no: W Cheshire 5228837
Pay rate £11.39 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
The candidate must be able to travel around the Borough as they will be expected to minute meetings in Chester, Ellesmere Port and Winsford. The candidate will be required to split their work between a Council office and work at home
The post holder will provide business and administrative support within the Safeguarding Children Unit. At each level the post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade which will assist the Directorate in meeting its objectives or contribute to the post holder's personal development
- Receive and action requests from Children Social Care and Partner Agencies to set up a range of multi-agency child protection meetings, via electronic referrals telephone or email. Organise and facilitate these meetings – agreeing invite lists, sending out invitations, agreeing and distributing agendas, booking rooms, collating and distributing confidential reports and preparing meeting packs for the meeting chair
- Deliver high standard minutes in relation to complex, sensitive and emotionally demanding child protection meetings. Produce documentation with statutory timescales as detailed within national and local guidance
- Ensure that the child’s electronic record is updated within 24 hours of every child protection conference providing the local authority with a live and accurate record of all children at risk of significant harm who are resident within the Borough
- Support unit managers in maintaining and monitoring all financial and administrative systems including Oracle and Comensura. Creating and approving purchase requisitions, generating orders and payments etc. To enable Unit Managers to maintain budgets efficiently and effectively in accordance with financial regulations
- Receive and action requests to the Safeguarding Children Unit made via secure email, telephone or post. Determining their importance and priority responding directly or referring them to more senior colleagues thereby ensuring that service needs are met and business levels are maintained
- Maintain and monitor all central and service specific information systems and databases used within the SCU. Maintaining accuracy, quality and integrity of the data and ensuring all data and information is accessible to enable the service and managers to meet statutory and local requirements
- Respond to all internal and external communications sensitively, diplomatically and using discretion to provide up to date, constant and accurate advice, guidance and information in accordance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures, to ensure standards are maintained and business needs are met. Ensure that all data is maintained securely and distributed appropriately and securely in line with relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Alert unit managers to any shortfall in service that could put a child at risk, impact on compliance or damage the reputation of the unit or the local authority
- Operate at all times to the high professional standards set within the safeguarding child unit and Cheshire West and Chester
- Assist in carrying out research for service and business process reviews, collating, researching and analysing data and presenting the results in a clear, concise format to assist managers, customers and members in their decision making
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSE’s – A to C including English and Maths
- Knowledge, experience and awareness of work procedures necessary in administration / finance
- Sound working knowledge of local government and its services
- Experience of managing administrative and information systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Minute taking skills and good efficient typing skills
- Ability to work independently with confidence and discretion
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer - Childrens Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.