- Pay Rate:
£10.62 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Temporary Business Support Officer / Administrator – Social Health
Reference no: S Gloucestershire RQ727564
Pay rate: £10.62 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
The Team requires an experienced administrator to provide support and to carry out a range of duties including collating and analysing information for reports and maintaining accurate records, interpreting data and drafting content for use by others. Interpreting and producing information from this data will be required. To use strong communication skills to liaise with customers and relay issues and queries promptly where necessary. Minute taking on a laptop will be required.
- Provide administrative support to managers ensuring work carried out is efficient and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Act as a main point of contact for the service area and provide effective communication when dealing with enquiries and information requests.
- Collate and maintain records and analyse information to ensure accurate statements are produced and data is retrieved from computerised systems and interpreted.
- Research information and collate evidence for presentation in reports. This may include drafting sections of documents for use by others.
- Interact with customers, colleagues and partners to maintain strong working relationships.
- Communicate specific concerns, queries and issues and ensure they are accurately and promptly relayed when necessary.
- Accurately record and assist in the monitoring and maintaining of budgets/financial information/resources.
- Type minutes at meetings on a laptop.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A minimum qualification of 3 grade C’s at GCSE (or equivalent qualification) including English and Maths or hold equivalent relevant experience within a similar role in administration.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in using databases, including running standard reports, analysing data and presenting findings.
- Experience of basic financial procedures i.e. petty cash, invoicing etc.
- Experience in working in an environment related to children’s and/or adults services desirable.
- Experience in ICS and CAPITA or similar professional databases desirable.
- Good literacy skills and able to write letters and contribute to providing information for reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively to service users, professionals and partnership agencies using a variety of media e.g. email, phone, face to face etc.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A good team player.
- Able to type minutes at meetings on a laptop.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer / Administrator – Social Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.