- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- DARLINGTON, County Durham,
Temporary Business Support Officer / Admin – Public Health
Reference no: Darlington 6370914582296
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: DARLINGTON, County Durham
A Business Support Officer is required to provide an efficient and comprehensive business support service. To carry out a range of administrative duties for the team with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
- Undertake a range of business support tasks such as managing own emails, copying, scanning, faxing, archiving, post, answering the telephone and taking messages.
- Inputting and updating records both manually and electronically on multiple systems, including extracting basic information within set parameters. Carry out basic audit and quality control of data input.
- Copy typing from notes, including completing standardised templates.
- Deal with enquiries by telephone and face to face and ensure that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently, e.g. answering routine queries, signposting and taking messages where appropriate. Provide telephone cover and assistance for other teams as required.
- Input, complete and update both manual and electronic standard format data, checking the correct information is provided and chasing missing data.
- Produce standard reports and presentations.
- Provide basic facilities management – setting up rooms for meetings ensuring the required equipment and resources are available and assisting attendees.
- Undertake the co-ordination of public information and literature, ensuring stock levels are maintained and in date.
- Carry out routine invoicing, creating purchase orders (including orders for non-routine items), handling of petty cash and taking payments.
- Population and creation of basic of spreadsheets, including the creation and use of basic formula.
- Take notes at meetings may be required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Previous clerical experience and knowledge of clerical systems and procedures.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from a range of people.
- Reception/telephone experience desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to apply accurate literacy and numeracy skills to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, percentages and decimals.
- Ability to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Able to deal confidently with members of the public, colleagues, members and external organisations.
- Flexibility, willingness and motivation to expand knowledge and experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer / Admin – Public Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.