- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- Telford, Shropshire,
Temporary Business Support Officer/Admin
Reference no: Telford RQ840475
Pay Rate: £10.41 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Standard DBS disclosure required for this role
Minute taken skills and experience is essential for this role
The purpose of the role is to carry out a range of administrative duties within Adults and Children’s Services. The post holder will be required to work within any area covered by the Services as required.
- Carry out a range of administrative duties including the maintenance of accurate records and systems, relating to the service, including any associated IT systems (e.g. Protocol, CareFirst, Electronic Data Management, Education systems, etc), file destruction, website checks and authoring, data collation and data quality.
- Provide support and assistance on recording mechanisms to other workers, also to support mobile working.
- Recommend and contribute to the development of systems and procedures to ensure the effective, efficient running of the support service.
- Deal with a wide range of enquiries from employees and customers that will require patience, understanding, basic service knowledge and an ability to establish the exact nature of the problem/enquiry.
- To initiate and process routine correspondence, reports and other documents as directed, to support professionals.
- Processing payments, invoices, checking orders, etc, using appropriate software.
- Regular contact with finance colleagues in monitoring payments and raising invoices, as required.
- Safe and Well procedures.
- Diary management.
- Arranging meetings and training, collating information relating to invitees and attendees, and minute taking for a wide variety of complex meetings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE (Grade A-C) or new grades 4 to 9 in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent.
- RSA Stage II Typing, or recognised IT qualification or equivalent.
- NVQ Business Administration 3 or equivalent, or working towards it or ability to achieve within agreed timescale.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Experience of dealing with the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, carers, colleagues and the public, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely administrative support.
- Minute taking skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised, as part of a team and under pressure is essential.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.