- Pay Rate:
£9.94 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
Temporary Business Support Officer
Reference no: Bradford 5225415
Pay rate £9.94 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
The post holder will assist in the provision of a flexible, proficient and constructive administrative and reception service dealing with generic and service specific duties. The postholder will be required to provide prompt and effective information, advice and access to services provided by Departments to colleagues, members of the public, other public sector bodies and external agencies
- To deal with internal and external customers both face to face and over the telephone.
- Maintaining a range of information systems in line with service user guidelines and procedures;
- Liaison with other sections/department to verify information and/or seek authorisation for action;
- Interrogation of information databases and inputting to forms/databases, completing enquiries as appropriate.
- Participate in any specialist groups, contribute to the resolution of issues and assist in the development of new procedures to address new issues or operational methods.
- Provide financial and performance information to assist in the completion of internal and external financial and performance requirements.
- Procure and pay for goods and supplies in accordance with Council Procurement procedures and policies.
- To maintain and co-ordinate records as requested by managers;
- Organise diary management and appointments, arranging meetings, taking, writing up and circulating minutes and agendas where required.
- Collate information and communicate to relevant parties in preparation for meetings
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum RSA Stage 2 Typing or Word processing OR NVQ Level 2 in Business & Admin (or demonstrable skills to this level)
- ‘O’ Level English Grade A-C, or equivalent.
- Uses knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and regulations including risks in own area of work
- A minimum of 3 year’s office/clerical work including reception/telephone experience and provision of financial or management information via electronic systems
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of the service.
- Able to implement, maintain and manage accurate information retention systems both manual and computerised.
- Able to deal with internal and external customers both face to face and over the telephone.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.