- Pay Rate:
up to £26.20 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Business Manager – Social Care
Job Ref: Dorset 5216948
Pay Rate: up to £26.20 per hour PAYE
Hybrid: predominantly remote with attendance on-site occasions
Basic DBS required for this role
To lead on the development of appropriate business strategies and special projects. The post-holder should have an engaging manner, with excellent organisational skills They will be resourceful, adaptable, approachable and comfortable with responding to emerging priorities, sometimes at short notice.
- Take decisions leading to the setting of work standards for others leading to changes in procedures or practices.
- Provide expertise, develop and promote appropriate tools and techniques.
- Undertake the management and strategic development of an effective business support and/or business development function.
- Lead on business improvement developments and projects to ensure effective processes and systems in accordance with corporate strategic policy, service objectives and relevant legislation.
- Lead on the development and provision of specialist functions within the designated service area.
- Take the lead on the financial management of the function, including budget holding and monitoring.
- Analyse and advise on the formulation of directorate strategy and policy in response to legislation and initiatives, leading to the production of processes and systems procedures and to support staff in their implementation.
- Take responsibility for ensuring a consistent approach to service delivery by liaising with other appropriate managers and by keeping up to date with relevant Council policy development and external legislation/guidelines appropriate to the function.
- Undertake research as required in order to inform project work and/or reviews of policies and procedures relating to the function. Manage the provision of statistical data and management information as required, ensuring timely and accurate provision of information.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ 4 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Management or supervisory qualification e.g. NVQ3/4 or equivalent or significant experience of working at this level.
- NVQ 5/Diploma in Management Studies (desirable).
- ECDL or equivalent IT qualification (desirable).
- Significant demonstrable experience in a relevant business development and/or support role.
- Proven experience of managing staff including performance review.
- Proven experience of financial/budget administration and planning Proven experience of customer care.
- Previous experience of working in a large organisation or local authority.
- Delivering training (desirable).
- Marketing experience (desirable).
- Expert knowledge of business management practices and procedures, including financial and resource management, people management, and other functions relevant to the field of work.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of project management 10. Detailed knowledge of policy, legislation and strategic development relevant to the field of work.
- Ability to manage, motivate and co-ordinate the workload of a team or teams.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to collect, analyse and report on complex statistical and management information.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support & Development Manager – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.