- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32.00 Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire,
Temporary Business Support Administrator/Receptionist
Reference no: Staffordshire 5224507
Pay Rate: £10.19 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
To carry out a range of administrative duties for the team with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
- Co-ordination and maintenance of business processes including liaising with Commissioners and multi-agency providers and the retrieval, analysis and presentation of data.
- Be the point of contact for multi-agency providers to support with queries and signposting as appropriate.
- To provide administrative assistance and support to nominated officers and teams including assistance in the production of reports and statistical summaries, actioning decisions and disseminating information.
- To use, maintain and monitor extensive and varied Departmental IT facilities including computer-based information systems for input, retrieval and analysis of data, use of office email and intra/internet facilities.
- To service various formal meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed time scales.
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters, reports, tables, presentations and publications.
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt of payment of cash, placing of orders, ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- To provide support, guidance and advice on internal processes and the use of the various IT facilities.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post including providing cover at other Families First offices, as and when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE English and equivalent
- NVQ 2 in Business Administration or equivalent
- An IT qualification eg ECDL or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of office procedures, systems and equipment.
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment.
- Working with internal/external customers to provide a quality service.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills at all levels – this post will involve liaison with Managers, fieldwork staff, multi-agency accredited providers, colleagues in the department and members of the public.
- Demonstrate relevant numerical skills required to complete financial transactions.
- Understanding of the principles of providing a good quality service.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation relevant to an office environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Administrator/Receptionist
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.