- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Uffculme, Devon,
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer - Street Scene Services
Reference no: Mid Devon 5225381
Pay Rate: £10.60 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for and support the delivery of the Education & Enforcement functions of Street Scene Services and the Council in accordance with legislation.
- Receive, prioritise and deal with requests in relation to Street Scene services and procedures including the recording and management of a case through to completion.
- Act as a specialised point of contact for members of the public, customers, businesses and stakeholders, aiming to resolve the majority of enquiries at first point of contact. This includes dealing with customers who contact by telephone, in writing, e-mail, internally, externally or online.
- Help solve problems being experienced with Street Scene services and procedures, assessing the reasons together with the urgency and escalating to a relevant officer or manager as necessary.
- Record all transactions on supporting workflow programs (CRM and Idox Uniform) as per procedures.
- Maintain specific knowledge and detail regarding Street Scene Services and relevant legislation and to assist other staff with queries.
- Ensure that orders are raised and processed in a timely manner for the purchasing and delivery of goods and provisions, to record goods as received and to set up new supplier forms. To have in-depth knowledge of supporting financial and procurement ordering systems including for internal stationery and specialist equipment supplies.
- Maintain a level of competence in the use of new technology and programs and to help develop new systems as required.
- Work with other services such as Customer First and ICT to provide smooth functioning of administration and support services.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management, external agencies and members of the public.
- Be responsible for providing high quality, confidential administrative support (at times handling sensitive operative information) to officers and managers.
- Provide project support as and when required.
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets and filing systems (electronic and paper). To provide accurate reports including statistical information and analyse data as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of caseload management.
- Experience of working in a customer service based environment, dealing with customers in a confident manner.
- Knowledge of environmental enforcement legislation.
- Knowledge of waste and recycling industry.
- Able to communicate complex information concisely, orally and in writing using plain English to convey clear messages to a wide range of people/organisations
- Excellent numeracy skills and experience of producing and analysing statistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Admin Officer - Street Scene Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.