- Pay Rate:
£12.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 weeks. Likely to be extended
- Loughborough, Leicestershire,
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer – Housing Services – Repairs
Reference no: Charnwood RQ835053
Pay Rate: £12.00 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3-4 weeks. Likely to be extended
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the delivery of an effective and appropriate Repairs and Investment service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
Ensure the Repairs and Investment service fully complies with the Council’s Corporate Customer Care Standards and achieves high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To support the Repairs and Investment service by coordinating workload planning, supplier relationships, and subcontractor relationships.
- Deal with any planning/ scheduling/ appointment activity for the service. Dealing with all enquiries and requests and initiating and monitoring actions across the repairs and maintenance service teams. Ensuring that Charnwood Borough Council fulfils its legal, regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Deliver specific assigned duties around the administration, coordination of contractor and in-house waste management, vehicle and transport issues including fleet maintenance and compliance, fuel cards, vehicle tracking, material purchasing and management of frameworks/ trade supplier contracts.
- Be responsible for inputting and extracting data as per the requirements of the service, data analysis and reporting, invoicing, payments, petty cash and telephone and front desk enquiries.
- Support Repairs Team Leaders relating to all administrative requirements around repairs, voids and subcontractor works.
- Raising and administering work orders.
- Ensure the effective maintenance of databases and hardware used by the Repairs and Investment services such as QL, Cloud Dialogs, Lagan (CRM), Agresso, telephones and mobiles, regularly undertaking necessary housekeeping of the IT systems and directing users accordingly.
- To develop, improve, maintain and make use of appropriate IT systems and procedures to assist in the achievement of service and organisational objectives. Ensure all documents and service communications are accurate, consistent and well presented. Develop and maintain electronic and paper filing systems for the service in line with organisation records management policies.
- Utilise feedback from customers, operatives, staff, suppliers and contractors regarding operational delivery, initiating service improvements as necessary.
- Actively set targets, monitor performance, benchmark, network and engage with other contracting organisations, suppliers and subcontractors and their representatives to ensure the service achieves the standards set. To seek opportunities for change; developing policies and procedures, as necessary, to deliver continual improvement.
- Monitor daily work volumes ensuring efficient use of resources to meet turnaround timescales. Ensure trade operatives have the workload to allow them to perform to an optimum level at all times.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to a minimum of 2 GCSEs of grade C or above or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience of performance-based work in a customer focused service organisation.
- Experience in working in a contact centre environment or similar.
- Experience of using software or databases for operational purposes such as raising work orders, repairs scheduling, voids planning or mobile working in housing or a comparable sector.
- Knowledge of QL housing management and Service Connect repairs scheduling software.
- Experience of identifying and recommending service/system improvements.
- Experience of processing purchase orders and invoices or a comparable type of work.
Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and work under own direction towards tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and manage diaries
- Ability to to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and respond to situations quickly.
- Gather, collect, record, track and verify data and information from multiple sources; compile, review and analyse data.
- Have a methodical approach to work.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Admin Officer – Housing Services/Repairs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.