- Pay Rate:
£22.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire,
Interim Business Services & Framework Management Lead – Construction
Reference no: N Lincolnshire 5224735
Pay Rate: £22.03 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Pay rate negotiable for the right candidate. Please state pay rate expectations on your CV.
The purpose of the role is to provide procurement advice and support on Construction related projects ensuring compliance with corporate procedures, legislation, and contractual arrangements.
Manage the Business Services team to support Construction related activities, for the purpose of instigating property related works, including commissioning, resourcing, contract management and performance.
- Lead on the contract management of the council’s Construction and Highways Framework by undertaking the role of Framework Manager, liaising with Framework Partners to deliver General Building Services.
- Lead on the assurance and contract management of the council’s procured Construction & Highways Framework. Ensure that all call offs are made in strict accordance with the Framework contract and the council’s contract procurement rules. Monitor and report to Head of Service: Assets and Infrastructure on both compliance and performance of the Framework.
- Verify and review framework contractors and consultants with special attention to financial, health & safety and statutory undertakings to maintain compliance and meet quality of service provision to the authority.
- Lead on the assurance and contract management of the council’s Professional Services Framework, directing the scoping, commissioning, and appointment of general building services consultants, including the preparation of tender documentation, arranging mini-competitions, tender evaluation and nomination to ensure that standards and quality of service are maintained in accordance with the council’s property related objectives and the NEC4 PSSC.
- Ensure the governance framework is adhered to including project management and delivery, financial management and that the terms and conditions of the procured Frameworks are managed.
- Lead on delivery of non- framework construction procurement activities, bidding processes and supervising the council’s tender portal and management of key data that holds commercially sensitive information.
- Assess and continually review the current and predicted expenditure of monies in relation to both the Capital and Revenue building programmes, to ensure any likely deviation from planned spending targets is identified and corrective action taken. To prepare reports on such matters for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for capital recharges, raising accounts against capital projects in line with the CIPFA code and preparing out-turn reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain procedures for performance monitoring of contractors, sub-contractors and consultants, setting and measuring KPI’s, to assist in the performance monitoring of all consultants and contractors appointed by the council for the implementation of its building programmes
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience that confirms sound knowledge of construction procurement and contract management.
- Experience of using construction contracts, preferably the NEC Suite of Contracts.
- Experience of resource management & planning.
- Experience and proven ability in the property and construction environment.
- Experience of leading high profile projects with knowledge of project management.
- Experience of developing commercial activities and development of robust business plans.
- Experience of producing and presenting reports to inform decision making.
- Management experience, including motivating, building and leading teams and a commitment to people and service development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound market knowledge of the construction market and dynamics which affect the sector, or a demonstrable ability to assimilate and learn new information and present this in a credible way.
- Knowledge and experience in using standard forms of contracts, ideally construction NEC contracts.
- Extensive financial and budgetary planning and management skills and detailed knowledge and experience of financial practices and accounting, both capital, revenue and job costing.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of operational, strategic and financial risk management.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data, both financial and otherwise to provide accurate and usable intelligence to make strategic decisions regarding future service provision.
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills over a range of areas within the service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Services & Framework Management Lead–Construction
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.