- Pay Rate:
£11.94 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Matlock, Derbyshire,
Temporary Business Services Assistant /Admin x 2 – Resources
Job Ref: Derbyshire 5244612
Pay Rate: £11.94 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: Matlock, Derbyshire
This role will initially require regular attendance at County Hall in Matlock for training. After training, there is the possibility of working remotely from home by mutual agreement.
The post holder will work in the Specialised Transport section, which procures and manages home to school transport services for students with special needs and disabilities. This front-line service is responsible for organising the transport arrangements for approximately 1700 students with additional needs, to schools and establishments in Derbyshire and further afield. The environment is extremely busy, fast paced and can be challenging.
- Provide the main point of contact for a senior member of staff acting as a filter and resolving issues to provide effective support and problem resolution.
- Proactively monitor correspondence to ensure that any necessary actions are identified, tracked and addressed to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Arrange transport provision on behalf of other departments, using established systems and processes.
- Monitor and review contract performance and address conduct and poor performance issues, escalating complaints as necessary to a senior member of staff.
- Co-ordinate meetings; providing administrative support and note taking ensuring that any action points are followed up.
- Provide clear information and guidance on policy and procedures within the service area and ensure they are communicated and adhered to.
- Build and sustain relationships with internal colleagues and service users to resolve issues and to ensure the needs of the service and service users are met.
- Build and sustain relationships with external contractors in order to ensure the required standards of transport services are being met
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of document management and record keeping systems, in accordance with standard formats and service requirements
- Responsible for budget monitoring and providing financial information; including processing invoices, claims, orders and accounts, for use in management information reports and reconciling accounts systems
- Prepare documents, reports and other materials using some non-standard formats
- Straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data to provide information to support the service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified to level 3 in business administration and/or relevant and substantial experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Working in a customer focussed and busy environment.
- Experience monitoring financial information.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and processes.
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to prioritise and allocate work.
- Clear communication skills both written and oral.
- Understanding of data management systems.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data.
- Ability to comply and work with and promote DCC procedures and policies.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Services Assistant /Admin x 2 – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.