- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.43 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Horsham, West Sussex,
Temporary Business Services Administrator x 3 – Resources
Reference no: W Sussex RQ737438
Pay Rate: Up to £11.43 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Standard DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing a range of administrative support within and across services as determined by the Team Manager. Also, be responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient, professional & flexible administrative service to support clients. Undertaking a wide range of technical/specialist admin tasks as directed, whilst maintaining high standards of work.
- Taking notes, requiring intense concentration over lengthy periods, analysing and interpreting complicated information which is also sensitive/ disturbing / highly confidential, such as note taking at Child Protection conferences.
- Delivers timely and efficient specialist financial administrative support to a team or across teams with an awareness of team requirements. Prioritises day to day work in the short term, working with colleagues to deliver objectives and a customer focussed service.
- Analyses technical financial information relating to the team specialism and draws conclusions to process varied tasks appropriately. For example, analyses information relating to a client's assessment or service’s budget and suggests appropriate action according to the individual situation in line with procedures
- To locally deliver a flexible administrative service to a diverse range of internal clients to a high standard. To include: creation of complicated documents in specialist ICT software, electronic filing systems, report writing, organisation of large events/courses.
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people, such as Senior Management, customers, key contacts and members of the public.
- To co-ordinate case conferences or events which involve: arranging dates, booking of rooms, informing attendees of arrangements and distribution of highly confidential papers within statutory timescales.
- Responsible for the care of, accuracy, confidentiality, security and maintenance of admin related manual and/or computerised information, including the development of relevant computerised management information systems and the maintenance of procedure manuals and forms, disseminating changes to relevant staff.
- As a member of a resource pool, undertake a range of tasks. Allocate work to other members of the resource team to manage workloads across the team. This will include duties covering busy reception on a rota basis.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice
- Provide some on-the-job training to colleagues on specific aspects of the provision of an administrative service or systems.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Good understanding of data management, including collection and processing.
- Relevant theoretical or organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating an administrative service.
- Experience of working within administrative office systems/practices and providing effective flexible administrative support to various service areas.
- Demonstrable evidence of organising and handling data sets, of turning data into information and providing administrative output i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to take electronic notes in meetings.
- Good at organising day to day workload in order to follow/meet a given brief.
- Experience and confidence in dealing with people and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organisation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Services Administrator x 2 – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.