- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.43 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 - 3 months
- Chichester, West Sussex,
Full Job Title: Temporary Business Services Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: W Sussex RQ782477
Pay Rate: Up to £11.43 per hour PAYE depending on experience
A Standard DBS disclosure is required for this role.
You will be based in Chichester full time for this role.
You will be a member of an admin resource pool, responsible for providing a range of administrative support within and across services as determined by the Team Manager.
You will be responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient, professional & flexible administrative service to support clients.
You will undertaking a wide range of technical/specialist admin tasks as directed, whilst maintaining high standards of work.
Duties to include:
- Taking notes, requiring intense concentration over lengthy periods, analysing and interpreting complicated information which is also sensitive/ disturbing / highly confidential, such as note taking at Child Protection conferences
- Delivers timely and efficient specialist financial administrative support to a team or across teams with an awareness of team requirements. Prioritises day to day work in the short term, working with colleagues to deliver objectives and a customer focussed service
- Analyses technical financial information relating to the team specialism and draws conclusions to process varied tasks appropriately. For example, analyses information relating to a client's assessment or service’s budget and suggests appropriate action according to the individual situation in line with procedures
- To locally deliver a flexible administrative service to a diverse range of internal clients to a high standard. To include: creation of complicated documents in specialist ICT software, electronic filing systems, report writing, organisation of large events/courses
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people, such as Senior Management, customers, key contacts and members of the public
- To co-ordinate case conferences or events which involve: arranging dates, booking of rooms, informing attendees of arrangements and distribution of highly confidential papers within statutory timescales
- Responsible for the care of, accuracy, confidentiality, security and maintenance of admin related manual and/or computerised information, including the development of relevant computerised management information systems and the maintenance of procedure manuals and forms, disseminating changes to relevant staff
- As a member of a resource pool, undertake a range of tasks. Allocate work to other members of the resource team to manage workloads across the team. This will include duties covering busy reception on a rota basis
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice
- Provide some on-the-job training to colleagues on specific aspects of the provision of an administrative service or systems.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrable office experience using administrative office systems and practices
- Good understanding of data management, including collection and processing
- Relevant theoretical or organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating an administrative service.
- Good knowledge of a wide and varied range of ICT software
- Experience of working within administrative office systems/practices and providing effective flexible administrative support to various service areas
- Demonstrable evidence of organising and handling data sets, of turning data into information and providing administrative output i.e. Word, Excel etc
- Ability to take electronic notes in meetings
- Good at organising day to day workload in order to follow/meet a given brief
- Experience and confidence in dealing with people and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to interpret complex information to produce a high quality document with minimal guidance. Also the ability to organise, plan and meet set targets e.g. for event organisation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise specialist advice and guidance to a range of clients
- Good literacy and numeracy skills in order to understand complex written instructions describing tasks, make sound and accurate financial calculations to check financial invoices and other documents
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic form
- Excellent knowledge of single specialist ICT software and good general knowledge of ICT software for the integral use of word processing, data processing, updating websites, creating, developing workflows or electronic presentations and the ability to investigate and troubleshoot system related problems and provide solutions
- Competent note taking skills including high levels of accuracy and speed for taking minutes of complex/specialist meetings, such as attending Child Protection conferences
- The ability to act in an appropriate manner and with discretion, whilst hearing confidential, sensitive or disturbing information
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Services Administrator - Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.