- Pay Rate:
£355.87 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Interim Business Intelligence Lead
Reference no: Newham RQ780431
Pay rate £355.87 per day PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To develop the Business Intelligence service for the relevant service area into a professional, people centred service that makes the most of the council's technology, using the intelligence it produces to support staff to take better decisions, delivering value for money
- Collaborate with local managers and BSMI colleagues to understand what outputs or outcomes they are interested in and the processes and systems that create the data.
- Evaluate the need for analytics, assess the problems to be solved and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire.
- Select, acquire and integrate data for analysis.
- Advise on appropriate use of data visualisation for different purposes and contexts to enable requirements to be satisfied.
- Develop plans showing how the identified user needs will be met.
- Format and communicate results, using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Apply a range of mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the audience.
- Work to continuously improve the quality and accuracy of insights, monitor overall progress and resolve issues in increasingly automated and streamlined ways. Help to evaluate key initiatives in the relevant service area in terms of customer impact and benefits.
- In delivering to the council’s data management strategy, the postholder will Assess the integrity of data from the service area* systems.
- Work with stakeholders (BSMI colleagues and local managers) to ensure that data issues identified by the team are acted upon
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent work related attainment or experience
- Evidence of professional development through attainment of recognised accreditation, in particular ITIL V4, Prince2, Agile. (please provide registration numbers) or willing to work towards the relevant accreditation, e.g. ITIL within a defined timescale
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments and legislation and statutory requirements affecting the relevant service area, particularly in relation to business intelligence
- Knowledge of data extraction, organisation and visualisation techniques, in particular SSRS, Excel and PowerBI, and Python/R
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Broad understanding of statistical concepts and techniques, ideally including use of Python/R
- Experience of managing relationships across and between organisations in a collaborative and positive way
- Experience of data extraction and visualisation techniques, in particular SQL, Excel and PowerBI in the relevant service area
- Ability to exercise effective leadership as a member of the BSMI spoke management team and as the Business Intelligence team lead
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Intelligence Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.