- Pay Rate:
up to £471.17 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WEST BROMPTON, LONDON,
Business Analyst - Counter Terrorism Policing
Reference no: MPS 0006 E91D / 1
Pay rate up to £471.17 per day PAYE depending on experience
SC Vetting is required
To assist national CT Policing Community to elicit and develop technology User Requirements, scoping studies and Business Cases (Government Green book). To develop aforementioned documentation sets to progress projects through due governance to delivery. You will be able to develop a range of documentation formats in order to provide information in a manner suitable to the target audience. Importantly, you will act as the ‘Project Manager’ during the business case lifecycle, co-ordinating activities and ensuring the project is planned and progressed to meet governance deadlines. Including being the contact for the CT Policing Community in relation to technology providing advice and guidance. To represent BDSD and the Technology Pillar at corporate and national technology forums
- To assist national CT Policing Community customers in the creation of appropriate user requirements, scoping studies and business cases (liaising with operational teams, Procurement Services and Lead Accountants as and where appropriate). To liaise with colleagues within CTP HQ to ensure that any new requirements are not already aligned to national products or services.
- To understand the national CT Policing Community’s current and future needs for technology services (new and to be developed). To ensure that strategic requirements for new and existing technology products and services are aligned to technology and other CTP strategies.
- To work with CTP, Finance Services, Commercial Services and external agencies to ensure that projects and programmes are suitably commissioned and ensure they continue to deliver against the needs of the national CT Policing Community.
- Acting as a technology conduit between the customer and CTP HQ, to be a key point of advice and escalation with respect to technology projects, programmes, governance & issues.
- To lead on managing and communicating the project progress and keeping the project plan up to date and ensuring it is actioned during the business case lifecycle.
- To represent the BDSD, the Technology Pillar and CTP, at project / programme boards (both in-house and at corporate forums and at Partner Agencies) by which to influence direction. Where appropriate, to represent the customer at corporate and national technology forums.
- To assist in advising on the suitability of new and emerging technologies to the national CT Policing Community. To assist in overseeing and coordinating the implementation of national technology projects and initiatives therein to provide / communicate updates on the status of requirements / business cases.
- Where and when appropriate, working into the Operational Delivery Intelligent Client Unit, assisting with the delivery of project lifecycle deliverables.
- Where and when appropriate, working across CTP by which to build and maintain stakeholder relationships in order to progress requested project and demand outputs.
- Where and when appropriate, to facilitate workshops and produce appropriate business process models, identifying and implementing improvements
A career in Counter Terrorism Policing (CT Policing) is like no other. Every day offers a variety of exciting challenges and exceptional opportunities played out on a regional, national and international stage. Your skills could help protect the UK. With the ongoing terrorist threat, there has never been a more important time to be working alongside some of the best and brightest to help keep people safe. Counter Terrorism Policing is a collaboration of UK police forces working with the UK intelligence community to help protect the public and our national security by preventing, deterring and investigating terrorist activity. We do this by working in local to global partnerships, from policing teams on the beat and on the streets; supported by a national network of specialist officers and staff across the UK, to our investigators and expert advisors in every corner of the world.
Uniquely the police service, and specifically the Counter Terrorism network contributes to all four Pillars of the governments National Counter Terrorism (CONTEST) strategy. The Counter Terrorism Policing headquarters, on behalf of government and the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC), ensures that the CT network has the funding, capabilities and resources it needs to deliver CONTEST effectively and to keep people safe from terrorism. It does this through the provision of corporate services, as well as national operational tasking and coordination. It houses a number of unique national CT capabilities that support the entire network, as well as overseeing delivery of CT policing across the regions to ensure that it operates in a way that is both effective and efficient. Crucially CTPHQ represents CT policing’s interest within government and with wider stakeholders, ensuring that the policing contribution to CONTEST is both understood and appreciated. Hosted by the Metropolitan Police, Counter Terrorism Policing oversees the UK’s National Counter Terrorism Policing Network.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent experience in an technical development environment
- Acknowledged Business Analysis qualifications as those set out within the BCS Business Analysis Professional Diploma (Formally known as ISEB Business Analysis Diploma)
- Experience and knowledge of the security accreditation processes at a national level at all GSC levels. Understanding of the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Experience in delivering IT related business cases and knowledge / experience of national and local governance processes, ie CTP HQ, MOPAC, Cabinet Office etc
- A practical experience in producing 'as-Is' and 'to-be' process models using Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) and the ability to undertake Gap Analysis on which project requirements will be based
- Proven experience in the planning, management and the facilitation of workshops
- Proven experience in producing artefacts to support the analysis and design phase of projects using a modelling language such as Unified Modelling Language (UML) in conjunction with a recognised modelling tool
- A track record of extensive Business Analysis experience in relation to development lifecycles and project lifecycles, evidenced by the ability to manage key stakeholders and the production of a wide array of documents and specifications to a very high standard
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present findings and ideas to different audiences at all levels of the organisation
- Skilled in challenging and encouraging senior Business Representatives to consider working in an alternative way
- Excellent inter-personal skills. The post holder must be adept at assessing and discussing business options with senior management, discussing the implications of those issues and of alternative solutions. The post holder must therefore have a high level of interpersonal skills, communication skills, business and technical accumen in order to gain credibility with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Analyst - Counter Terrorism Policing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.