- Pay Rate:
£20.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Building Surveyor x 3 - Property & Housing Services
Reference no: Southwark 5219366
Pay Rate: £20.17 per hour PAYE
The candidates must be able to travel around the borough (own vehicle mileage paid). The candidates will be inspecting communal areas and estates and raising repairs that need completing within a set patch.
The purpose of the role is to work within the Property Services team with a good knowledge of day-to-day repairs and relevant experience of diagnosing and managing their delivery. To visit properties, both domestic and non-domestic, and liaise with occupants, diagnose issues and raise repairs to contractor and to carry out compliance checks and condition surveys on various assets. Car will be needed.
- Carry out a wide range of duties across a varied 3,000+ housing stock, together with an asset portfolio of corporate operational, commercial and community assets.
- Work will be across the borough.
- Visit properties and attend to day to day repairs, updating stock data, and evaluating and diagnosing what work is required.
- Liaise with occupants regarding repairs.
- Assess the best options to carry out the work and issue response repairs with contractors.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or HNC level qualification in an appropriate building or construction related subject or alternatively demonstrate relevant experience of surveying properties in a repairs and maintenance environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must be able to diagnose repairs issues and manage contractors to see jobs through to completion.
- Able to demonstrate sufficient relevant experience and knowledge of general day to day response repairs in a housing or commercial environment.
- Have good building construction technology and building pathology.
- Knowledge together with the ability to evaluate and diagnose what work is required, assess the best options to carry out the work and issue response repairs and advise others.
- Have a knowledge of building related legislation as appropriate to the role and be able to apply as necessary.
- Have knowledge and experience of cost control techniques and be able to demonstrate commercial awareness when undertaking cost estimates for larger repair work, exercise financial control when managing work and assess value for money for work undertaken when auditing completed repairs. Demonstrate analytical skills to be able to interrogate, analyse and evaluate previous repair information.
Skills & Abilities:
- Practical surveying skills that can be demonstrated; specifically be able to carry out stock data and measured surveys, accurately recording stock data as appropriate.
- Demonstrate that you can manage a contractor using a contract, negotiating contractual matters and resolution of disputes with contractors.
- Have planning skills and demonstrate the ability to be organised and methodical when undertaking inspections to ensure effective time management.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to develop working relationships with clients and customers, understand their aspirations and manage expectations. The majority of repairs and maintenance work are undertaken in occupation, in both residential and commercial buildings, and you will be expected to liaise with all relevant parties to ensure customers and clients are kept fully informed at all times.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor x 3 - Property & Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.