- Pay Rate:
£19.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- South shields,
Temporary Building Surveyor – Property Services
Job Ref: S Tyneside 1003912514707563
Pay Rate: £19.84 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
City: South shields
A building surveyor is required with experience of working in social housing, and a mixture of dealing with structural defects, damp, mould and general building surveys including tendering & estimating.
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements.
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
- Instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Deal with planning applications and advise on property legislation and building regulations.
- Assess and design buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence required for this role
- HNC in Construction.
- Asbestos awareness.
- CSCS card.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Negotiation, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to analyse problems, in order to identify solutions
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to clients' businesses
- Ability to take on high levels of responsibility with enthusiasm and motivation
- Experience of the maintenance provision within the building industry or of working as a building surveyor.
- Understanding and working within established regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of innovation and good practice in surveying.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.