- Pay Rate:
£17.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary Building Surveyor – Property & Housing Services
Reference no: S Tyneside PJ Surveyor
Pay rate: £17.06 per hour PAYE
Car driver with valid license and insurance as requirement to visit properties
This role requires a good knowledge of day to day repairs and relevant experience of diagnosing and managing their delivery. To visit properties and liaise with occupants, diagnose issues and raise repairs to contractor and to carry out compliance checks and condition surveys on various assets.
- Carry out a wide range of repairs and maintenance duties across a varied housing stock, undertaking damp and condensation identification, general property repair surveys and structural inspections.
- Visit properties and attend to day to day repairs, updating stock data, data collection, checking and collation of survey detail and evaluating and diagnosing what work is required.
- Liaise with occupants regarding repairs.
- Assess the best options to carry out the work and issue response repairs with contractors and provide work packages.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or HNC level qualification in an appropriate building or construction related subject or alternatively demonstrate relevant experience of surveying properties in a repairs and maintenance environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in a social housing Repairs & Maintenance environment.
- Proficient in damp and condensation identification, general property repair surveys, data collection, checking and collation of survey detail, undertaking structural inspections and providing work packages.
- Have good building construction technology and building pathology knowledge together with the ability to evaluate and diagnose what work is required, assess the best options to carry out the work and issue response repairs and advise others.
- Knowledge of building related legislation as appropriate to the role and be able to apply as necessary.
- Experience of Oracle ordering, DRS and TASK systems desirable but training can be given.
- Practical surveying skills that can be demonstrated.
- Relevant skills and experience of all Microsoft packages and demonstrate practical IT skills using Excel spreadsheets or Word when writing reports or letters and be capable of using various other software packages with appropriate training to accurately update data as part of undertaking the surveying role.
- Have planning skills and demonstrate the ability to be organised and methodical when undertaking inspections to ensure effective time management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to develop working relationships with clients and customers, understand their aspirations and manage expectations. The majority of repairs and maintenance work are undertaken in occupation, in both residential and commercial buildings, and you will be expected to liaise with all relevant parties to ensure customers and clients are kept fully informed at all times.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor – Property & Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.