- Pay Rate:
Up to £21.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:45- 17:15
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- LEAMINGTON SPA,
Interim Building Surveyor (Fire Safety & Climate Control) x2 - Housing
Reference no: Warwick 5243610
Pay rate: Up to £21.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 08:45- 17:15
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
City: LEAMINGTON SPA
A Building Surveyor is required to undertake a full range of Project Management & Building Surveying duties and responsibilities, as required in order to maintain and improve the Council’s property portfolio and housing stock in relation to fire safety improvement works and works to meet the climate change agenda, ensuring that the Council’s responsibilities and duties as landlord and service provider are upheld in line with current and pending legislation.
- Carry out the planning, specification, procurement, implementation, management, and delivery of a variety of planned work projects and planned and cyclical maintenance contracts to any Council asset; undertake stock condition surveys, measured surveys, defect inspections, project management or post-inspections and prepare project feasibility studies, reports, technical drawings, works and tender specifications, RIBA work plans, works orders, confirmations of instructions, health and safety information, planning, building control or listed building applications as appropriate, to ensure that the Council’s assets are maintained in good condition and in compliance with all relevant statutory or regulatory responsibilities.
- Provide a point of contact for clients and customers in relation to specified project management works for the council housing stock, environmental improvements or street furniture maintenance, considering and processing work requests and enquiries, instructing contractors as appropriate and providing clear and accurate information to clients and customers to achieve a successful conclusion to each request and provide technical advice and support for Building Managers and client staff colleagues at all stages of project work planning and delivery.
- Manage and administer specified project works and planned and cyclical maintenance contracts ensuring that correct contractual procedures and practices are followed in order to maintain contractual and fiscal control, including: preparation, negotiation, agreement, processing and audit of valuations, interim applications for payment and final accounts; review and maintenance of key contractual documentation e.g. risk registers, programmes of work and certification; review and management of contractor performance ensuring Key Performance Indicators are accurately measured to enhance service delivery.
- Analyse, understand and interpret stock condition information, risk assessments (Fire Risk Assessments, DDA Assessments etc.), client requests and responsive repair requests and use the information to make recommendations to plan, organise and deliver timely, effective programmes of repair, maintenance, refurbishment and improvement works to designated assets.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HNC, HND, Degree relevant to the built environment or a proven track record and 3 years’ experience of working for an LA, housing provider or other appropriate provider in a relevant field.
- Qualified membership of either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or any other equivalent professional membership, e.g. MCABE desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of project managing major works with customers in their homes or business premises.
- Experience of undertaking building surveys and planning and managing the resultant works.
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets for individual projects.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients, customers and contractors.
- Experience of managing contractor performance.
- Experience of using an Auto CAD system desirable.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to the construction industry.
- Knowledge of typical contractual mechanisms and industry legislation e.g. the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act.
- Sound technical knowledge of Fire Safety, Asbestos, Building Services including Gas, Mechanical & Electrical services desirable.
- Basic knowledge of housing repairs legislation and standards e.g. the decent homes standard/HHSRS.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage building projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and display a confident manner.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A driving licence, or access to appropriate transport.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor (Fire Safety & Climate Control) x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.