- Pay Rate:
Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11 months
Interim Building Surveyor (FIRE/DDA) - Property Services
Reference no: Rochdale 0008 6A74 / 1
Pay rate: Up to £23.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11 months
A Building Surveyor is required to carry out Fire Risk Assessments to schools and corporate buildings and arrange for high priority works to be carried out via the provision of specifications and CAD drawings following RBC procurement rules. The role will involve the use of ladders/steps to access roof voids etc.
- Complete fire risk assessments to comply with legislative requirements and to record details on the Council’s asset database. Ensure that all Parts of Regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005 are conformed to and implemented.
- Ensure close working relationship with the Access Audit Building surveyor is formed.
- Monitor, regularly review and update fire risk assessments.
- Liaise with appropriate managers and ensure that any necessary corrective action or remedial works arising from fire risk assessments are completed within agreed timescales.
- Develop and co-ordinate a prioritised programme of work for fire risk assessments and assist with the production of a phased programme for any resultant remedial work/action.
- Provide professional advice on fire safety matters and on compliance with Fire Safety legislation to a range of managers across the broad spectrum of Council activities.
- Carry out fire safety audits of any Council occupied premises.
- Undertake surveys and produce outline building layout sketches where required.
- Provide fire safety advice on new buildings or alterations to existing ones in terms of fire resisting structures and safe means of escape. Inspect and check disabled access/evaluation procedures, as required.
- Give advice on the use of fire fighting equipment, fire evacuation procedures and the provision of fire systems such as alarms, sprinklers, emergency lighting etc.
- Plan, prepare and deliver training for Building Managers and Fire Wardens on fire awareness, the day-to-day management of fire safety in premises and any other relevant activities, as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Fire Risk Assessment Qualification to FPA Standards (or an equivalent Fire Risk Assessment related qualification) and working towards a: BTEC HNC Building construction Qual/Studies, together with substantial relevant experience and knowledge of the following: supervising, administrating and monitoring of contracts/works and evaluating contractor performance.
- Experience of undertaking surveys/audits.
- Experience of programming and carrying out Fire Risk Assessments (FRA) covering both Public and educational Building are recorded and stored on appropriate database.
- Experience of supervising, administrating and monitoring of contracts/works and evaluating contractor performance.
- Experience in preparation of Tender and contractual documentation.
- Experience of assisting in monitoring budgets and developing and controlling work programmes.
- Knowledge of all Parts of Regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
- Knowledge of programming Fire Risk Assessments (FRA) covering both Public and educational Building are recorded and stored on appropriate database.
- Knowledge of FRA post survey adaptation works for Public and educational Building.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Knowledge of tendering and contractual procedures and Project Management.
- Knowledge of the building regulation.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and relevant COP’s.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work at heights and confined spaces e.g. cellars, attics, roof void areas etc.
- Ability to manage a programme of Fire Risk Assessments (FRA) covering both Public and educational buildings.
- Ability to manage FRA post survey adaptation works for Public and educational buildings are recorded and stored on appropriate database.
- Ability to prepare reports and estimates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor (FIRE/DDA) - Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.