- Pay Rate:
£24.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Interim Building Surveyor - Disability & Home Improvement
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1199155
Pay rate: £24.01 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: WOOLWICH, London
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however, the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
A Building Surveyor is required to be responsible to the Senior Building Surveyor for the delivery of building surveying services in relation to the functions of the Disability & Home Improvement Team.
- Advise members of the public and colleagues of options in relation to repairs, improvements and adaptations of residential dwellings. To include advice on Council policy in relation to disabled adaptations, private sector renewal, empty properties, repairs to adaptations, handyperson services and any other associated services. Also to include advice on assistance that may be available via other organisations such as Central Government or energy providers.
- Carry out the full range of building surveying tasks associated with the identification, specification and implementation of building and associated works to residential properties.
- Procure contractors to undertake building and associated works in line with the Council’s Contract Standing Orders and local procedures or use existing procurement arrangements such as Schedule of Rates contracts or preferred provider arrangements.
- To act as Contract Administrator, including procurement, financial and quality control of works; Project manager to run complex / multiple adaptations; Clerk of Works for all types of adaptations and repairs to dwellings.
- Liaise with statutory, professional and other bodies to ensure that all legal requirements in relation to building works are met. For example, Town and Country Planning, Building Control, CDM Co-ordinators and utility companies.
- Where appropriate, to commission specialist reports in relation to proposed works, for example, structural engineers or asbestos removal. To evaluate reports provided by specialists, acting upon advice and ensuring the service user or other client is properly informed.
- Liaise with engineering staff and external suppliers and manufacturers of specialist equipment for people with disabilities. To ensure that any installation meets the needs of the service user.
- Maintain accurate records of casework and other projects, where appropriate using computerised ordering and recording systems, including computer aided design. Provide written and verbal reports on areas in relation to the postholder’s responsibility and deal with written correspondence, complaints and enquiries.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Construction related Degree (Building surveying preferred).
- MRICS, MCIOB desirable.
- Designing complex adaptations experience.
- Experience of using Schedule of Rates contract/s and electronic ordering systems.
- Experience of managing contractor/s on site.
- Experience of liaising with building occupiers and professionals such as Occupational Therapists and building control.
- Experience of DFG process (desirable).
- Thorough knowledge of current legislation, regulations, codes of practice relating to construction and adaptations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use MS office products, AutoCAD.
- Able to carry out measured site surveys, design and specify complex adaptations and repairs.
- Ability to use surveying equipment.
- Ability to use electronic ordering systems.
- Able to identify defects in all forms of dwellings (including general building work, plumbing, electrical systems and adaptations) and specify remedies.
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities, to provide a practical and professional, customer centred response to matters referred to the team for action.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor - Disability & Home Improvement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.