- Pay Rate:
£26.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Building Surveyor - Asset Management
Reference no: N Yorkshire RQ742917
Pay rate £26.00 per hour PAYE
Working within the Asset Management team to conduct condition surveys across the property portfolio. A Microsoft Excel template survey document will need to be completed capturing the identified defects, photographs, remediation specification, quantities and costing using the BCIS schedule of rates
- Provide Building Surveying duties and services
- Act as Contract Administrator (CA) on a wide range of building projects to include the preparation of pricing schedules with a Quantity Surveyor, pre-tender estimates, tender reports, monitoring of project quality and progress, certification of stage payments, practical completion and making good of defects, i.e. in accordance with RIBA work stages A to L. and 0 to 7.
- Responsible for providing Council wide building surveying duties in relation to all works projects engaged by the Council. Prepare accurate contract documentation that ensures the effective delivery of all works packages and contracts.
- Represent the Council at meetings (e.g. consultation events, public enquiries, steering groups and project team meetings), record information and ensure appropriate follow up actions are completed. Meetings may take place outside normal working hours.
- Respond to internal and external communications and requests for information (e.g. general enquiries, freedom of information requests, letters, complaints etc) within defined standards and timescales.
- Responsible for ensuring that all sensitive contractual, specification, drawing and tender data is properly managed with regard to confidentiality and security, including adherence to the Data Protection Acts
- Ensure compliance with all management processes and procedures including Health & Safety and Diversity and Equality policy and the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts.
- Responsible for producing auditable Contract Administration certification for works contracts in line with the requirements of the contract and in accordance with the Council’s contract procedure rules.
- Provide end of stage reports and Gateways to the project manager
- Carry out site based works Inspections and investigations in line with works contract requirements
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RICS Chartered status in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and competence in timely Contract Administration
- In depth knowledge of various construction project procurement methods including design & build, traditional and use of recognised frameworks
- At least 5 years Building Surveying experience preferably within a commercial environment
- Experience of negotiating with contractors to agree final accounts and close out any potential disputes in a timely manner
- Excellent communication capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally by explaining contractual obligations to lay people and in writing by producing concise, tactual and clear reports including but not limited to feasibility, option appraisal and project progress reports
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of service delivery and proven communication skills with the ability to present data and information to a diverse range of internal and external bodies, including community groups, schools, private sector partners, contractors, consultants and government agencies
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor - Asset Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.