- Pay Rate:
£300.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Interim Building Services Engineer/Project Manager – Low Carbon
Job Ref: Oxfordshire 5239041
Pay Rate: £300.00 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to design and project manage all design aspects of the building services projects particularly those that involve low or zero carbon technologies (i.e. commercial heating systems, hot and cold water systems, ASHP and GSHP, gas/oil/LPG/biomass boilers, air conditioning, ventilation, PV’s LED lighting) in a variety of properties. To provide professional advice on all aspects of building services.
- Undertake planned projects, ranging in financial values from £1k - £1.5m either directly or through
- Pro-actively monitor and report the progress of works to ensure quality and that projects are completed within the timescales and costs agreed. Take appropriate action to achieve adherence as required.
- Undertake building condition surveys to identify defects, carbon zero opportunities and advise on repair, maintenance, and restoration options.
- Responsibility for undertaking feasibility studies and assessing the optimum economical and energy efficient solutions to enable the preparation of specifications. This will require comprehensive knowledge of low carbon technologies and techniques as well as a firm understanding of their ‘real world’ integration and deployment.
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Projects include existing buildings, buildings of architectural or historic importance and the development of new ones. You may implement preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to make buildings sustainable.
- To prepare and deliver a variety of schemes to the required budget and programme and to pre- determined standards.
- Prepare design drawings, full specification and contract documentation (JCT and NEC suite of contracts) for procurement of contractors on a variety of property types.
- Liaise closely with other professionals and in-house project teams.
- Assess and design building schemes to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HNC/HND or equivalent. Qualified in Mechanical or Electrical engineering. Ideally will hold Chartered or Incorporated status through a recognised body such as CIBSE or will be in the process of obtaining CEng/IEng engineering council status.
- CSCS qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Relevant and up to date building services technical skills especially low carbon technologies.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the construction industry, building contracts and building related legislation to include all aspects of health and safety and CDM regulations.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills Comfortable in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Services Engineer/Project Manager – Low Carbon
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.