- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Building Services Engineer - Mechanical
Reference no: Dudley 1003898
Pay rate £18.85 per hour PAYE
To deliver reactive and planned maintenance improvement schemes for building services and equipment within corporate properties and schools, ensuring that all works are cost effective and viable and that services are delivered to the highest standards. Monitor and assist in the delivery of statutory testing, servicing and periodic maintenance to ensure that programmes are being achieved and compliance can be evidenced with certification
- To establish and manage programmes for the statutory testing, servicing and maintenance of building services, associated plant and equipment
- To assist with the specification, procurement and management of term maintenance contract for building services and equipment. Consideration to be given to the use of frameworks, partnerships and external resources.
- Ensure compliance with the ‘Corporate Procurement Manual’ and prepare procurement reports for authorisation as required.
- To serve on a rostered standby rota in connection with an emergency out of hours service (evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
- When required, provide assistance to the Council’s Major Emergency Plan and ensure that out of hours arrangements are managed to allow continuous delivery of service for building users.
- To compile and maintain records associated with statutory testing, service and maintenance of building services and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of funding bids (whether internal or external clients) as required.
- General project administration including reporting, cost management, action logs, minutes and data
- Conducting technical surveys, inspections and preparing written reports with recommendations relating to the building services equipment contained in corporate and school buildings.
- Provide periodic maintenance advice regarding the long term protection of the Council’s building services including budget planned information
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Services Engineer - Mechanical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.