- Pay Rate:
£136.81 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Building Manager - Engineering & Surveying
Reference no: C Bedfordshire RQ847025
Pay rate £136.81 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Managing the total FM aspect of the health hub, managing and developing a best in class Facilities Service. The service includes budget management, cleaning, catering, ppm management, security, grounds maintenance, post, and archiving services across the health hub. To ensure Council premises and the facilities services available within them are fit for purpose, safe, efficiently delivered and of sufficient quality to allow staff to do their best work and customers to feel welcome and comfortable
- Be customer friendly, efficient and connected in how you work; make the most of modern technologies, workspaces and ways of working to provide a customer focused and efficient service, and bring forward ideas for service improvement.
- Lead, manage and develop the Facilities Management team in such a way as to enable staff to do their best work every day, working in a way that reflects the Councils values. Retain staff and achieving business objectives and performance targets.
- Improve the team and service by researching best practice and benchmarking; undertaking quality management activities; engaging with customers and staff to enhance the customer experience; and implementing working smarter making the most of modern technology, workspaces and ways of working to ensure the provision of a customer focused and efficient service.
- Act as the Budget Manager for the budgets under your control, ensure effective financial management, including updating the monthly forecast on the finance system.
- Lead on the procurement and management of contracts and framework agreements. This will include establishing the best route to market, the preparation of specification and contract documentation, tendering and contract management of specific contracts and framework agreements.
- Be responsive to customer needs by providing advice and guidance on best practice including flexible use of space and providing a responsive staff relocation and building closure service.
- Reporting on KPI’s. Raising and approve purchase orders and payments.
- Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from line manager or when specialist advice is required.
- Manage the security system within the Council’s property portfolio, this includes access control / ID system, intruder alarms and the CCTV systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
- Assist with the managing the staff moves and decanting in response to organisational change and the accommodation strategy
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Certified Member of BIFM
- IOSH – Managing Safety
- Good knowledge of cleaning, security catering and general facilities functions. Able to identify correct remedial actions for facilities matters brought to attention and see through to completion, seeking consents etc as appropriate and necessary.
- Comprehensive operational knowledge of Facilities Management or a related property discipline or profession
- Understanding of the Health & Safety issues related to Facilities Management and able to undertake Risk Assessments
- Contract negotiation experience
- Good communication skills
- Able to control expenditure within defined budgets and cost control procedures
- Able to plan own workload, formulate action plans to resolve issues and ensure actions are followed through to completion. Able to plan for building management issues on a cyclical basis, and seasonal , as necessary
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Manager - Engineering & Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.