- Pay Rate:
£20.44 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday - Friday, 08:45 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- HOUNSLOW, LONDON,
Interim Building Maintenance Engineer - Building Services
Reference no: Hounslow 4058-1
Pay Rate: £20.44 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday - Friday, 08:45 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: HOUNSLOW, LONDON
To provide a building services support service at the main London Borough Hounslow Office facility under the general direction of the Building Services Engineer to cover planned and preventative maintenance to ensure that LBH maintains and operates the fabric infrastructure and life safety systems of the building in a safe and reliable manner. Carry out routines unsupervised (PPM and Reactive), have experience in PPM's on Electrical systems and Mechanical plant.
You will need to be a team player as work will be varied requiring adaptability and problem solving skills.
- BMS System - Monitor
- DALI Lighting - Fault-finding, Lamping, Changing Drivers
- Emergency Lighting Checks/Tests
- Air Conditioning - Air Handling Units / Fan Coil Unit (Filter changes, cleaning)
- Chillers - Re-set
- L8 (Temperature checks and TMV adjustments)
- Plumbing – small repairs and unblocking toilets
- Fire Alarm Checks/Tests
- UPS systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- C&G/NVQ in Mechanical/Electrical/ HVAC
- A knowledge of current health and safety and fire safety regulations/legislation.
- Knowledge of systems such as HVAC, CAFM, Dali, BMS, and fire safety.
- Proven experience in maintaining and repairing HVAC, plumbing, electrical and building fabric
- Hands-on experience of repairs to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting and building fabric works.
- Experience of maintenance practise in a similar large building and an ability to recognise and diagnose likely areas of weakness and equipment failure.
- Hands-on experience of inspecting and operating fire safety systems and the ability to accurately check operational status and involve technical staff.
- At least 3 years experience in building services
- Experience of working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments involving a range of different teams and frequent conflicting demands for support.
- Experience of working on own initiative and prioritisation of work to meet deadlines in a busy office environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Evidenced ability to plan, organise/prioritise own workload and provide cover for team colleagues when required
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Maintenance Engineer - Building Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.