- Pay Rate:
£55.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 23 months
- HOUNSLOW, LONDON,
Building Control Team Manager
Reference no: Hounslow 3601-1
Pay rate £55.00 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
Lead an area team within the Building Control service to carry out examination and inspection of Building Regulation submissions, plans and site work to ensure building works comply with Building Regulations, including some administrative work. Manage the allocation of projects to officers with the appropriate level of experience and make sure consultations and liaison with other sections and departments are undertaken. Ensure this is done within set deadlines and to a good standard
- Provision of an efficient and well managed Building Control team to ensure all Building Regulations Applications (Full Plans, Building Notices, Regularisations and Reversion Applications are checked, inspected and completed to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and all relevant British Standards.
- Undertake Enforcement of the Building Regulation function. Including Unauthorised Work, Contravening Works and Reversion Works.
- Process Section 80 Demolition Notices ensure all statutory consultations are undertaken and Section 81 Notices are served.
- Ensuring the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) guidance compliance.
- Deliver an effective Dangerous Structure Service. Ensure all reported Dangerous Structures are investigated, surveyed and where applicable Dangerous Structure Notices are served. Including recovery of costs incurred as a result of work to make structures safe.
- Undertake enforcement of Dilapidated and Ruinous Structures where is has been demonstrated that the building is considered prejudicial to the inhabitants of the neighbourhood.
- Ensure the Initial Notice and Competent Person Registers are kept up to date and accessible for residents, personal search agents etc. to access the information.
- To participate in the Council’s emergency planning and responses to emergency situations when required to do so.
- To assist in the conduct of elections when required to do so
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Full corporate membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Association of Building Engineers, or similar Professional Institution membership at corporate level involving a significant Building Control element
- Expert knowledge of all relevant Building Acts, Building Regulations, Safety at Sports Grounds Legislation and all other regulatory documents associated with the Building Control Service
- Knowledge of running a competitive service including experience of marketing and expanding services
- Knowledge of Databases and Document Management Systems
- Proven ability to communicate with professional and technical people both within and outside the Council
- Ability to deal sensitively with all sections of the community in accordance with Council/Departmental Customer Care Initiatives
- Able to draft complex policies or reports and manage major projects
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Control Team Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.