- Pay Rate:
Up to £19.84 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Bideford, Devon,
Temporary Building Control Surveyor – Property Services
Reference no: Torridge 5228709
Pay Rate: Up to £19.84 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Hybrid working will be considered
Pay rate negotiable for the right candidate
The purpose of the role is to successfully provide, as part of a team, a Quality Assured Building Control Service with all it’s Statutory and discretionary functions.
- Manage day-to-day operational and functional duties within the Service Team in accordance with the agreed Service Plan standards set by the Council and the systems and procedures operating in the Service Team.
- Undertake preliminary consultations.
- Determine applications.
- Conduct Surveying duties.
- Assess Building Notice and Regularisation projects.
- Control and Monitor Enforcement procedures.
- Supervise and implement procedures for dealing with Dangerous Structures and Demolitions.
- Ensure that national and local performance targets are met and collaborate with the Head of Community Planning & Development to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of the Service Team.
- Evaluate and determine each application with regard to Legislation, case law, policy and other material considerations.
- Ensure full statutory and discretionary consultation has been undertaken.
- Negotiate with applicants, agents and consultees as necessary.
- Programme site inspections in accord with service plan standards based on a risk assessment strategy.
- Assess and negotiate construction works and procedures for compliance with Legislation.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Corporate member of the RICS or ABE.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years Building Control experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer care.
- Ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team.
- Previous Local Government experience.
- Practical involvement with the enforcement of Building Regulations and allied legislation.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Control Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.