- Pay Rate:
up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Building Control Surveyor
Reference no: Manchester 0006 C541 / 1
Pay rate up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Office based, site inspections and remote working
The role holder will carry out the examination of building plans and inspect work or events in progress under the provision of building control legislation. This will include the administration and enforcement of public safety legislation in relation to dangerous, ruinous and dilapidated buildings and demolition. The role holder will be expected to check plans and carry out site inspections of buildings and structures of any form and prepare clear and accurate reports and notices that can be used for legal purposes
- The role holder will assist in the delivery of the Building Control function, including matters relating to building regulations, dangerous buildings and public safety. The role holder will have a detailed understanding of the application of the Building Act, Building Regulations and associated legislation and procedures.
- The role holder will be able to effectively negotiate, persuade and influence in all areas of technical and legislative matters for all manner of building/construction types in order to achieve compliant buildings with the cooperation, understanding and agreement of the design team.
- The role holder will be able to analyse plans and building work for compliance with building regulation requirements, demonstrating a detailed knowledge of the relevant legislation, standards and construction methods associated with all types of structures. People. Pride. Place.
- The role holder will produce clear reports on building control matters that detail technical issues relating to all aspects of building control work including the checking of designs and inspection of work on site.
- Operate in a competitive environment to promote the service and provide customer care with an awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of private service provision
- Resolve complaints with understanding of the diverse priorities for members of the design team; build team, elected representatives, and the general public.
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, in a related discipline and studying/gaining experience towards professional membership of a building control related organisation – Assoc of Building Engineers (MBEng), Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB), or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Demonstrate that the knowledge and experience that has been acquired, whilst working in a Local Authority or Approved Inspector building control organisation, is sufficient to undertake the role
- Have a detailed understanding and practical knowledge and experience of the responsibilities indicated
- Good literacy and numeracy skills to undertake calculations and produce letters and other documentation
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to identify information needs
- Ability to present information
- Ability to absorb, understand and quickly assimilate information and concepts and compare information from a number of different sources
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Control Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.