- Pay Rate:
£361.44 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Interim Brokerage Manager
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5224973
Pay rate £361.44 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The postholder will lead a brokerage team providing advice, sourcing and establishing person centred, high-quality and cost-effect care and support packages for individuals. They will provide strategic leadership and management to support the delivery of brokerage activities, including receiving referrals, identifying options, sourcing, negotiating and contracting arrangements
- To oversee the effective and efficient delivery of brokerage activities to identify effective care and support arrangements for children and adults (specialising in a particular life stage), working with operational services, providers, and service users.
- To ensure service users, carers and their families can access appropriate signposting, information, and advice to inform their care and support decisions.
- To maximise available capacity and innovation in the health and care market for care and support arrangements by working closely with other Council directorates, providers, and partners.
- To maintain robust oversight of financial arrangements for care and support packages which enables quality and value, utilising frameworks, and cost-effective contractual mechanisms as far as possible.
- To develop, implement and ensure compliance with appropriate governance and decision-making processes for care and support arrangements, working with operational service leadership.
- To keep key stakeholders informed and enabled to make decisions on care and support arrangements, including providing relevant information, analysis and reports on activity, performance and the market.
- To promote and ensure a person-centred approach to brokering care and support arrangements which enable the delivery of outcomes, needs and preferences for the service user, carers and their families.
- To ensure a high level of timely, accurate and robust data recording, documentation, and administration to facilitate effective management information, financial forecasting, analysis and statutory reporting.
- To build and lead effective working relationships with key suppliers and the wider market, working with Commissioning Managers to shape and develop the market for care and support arrangements.
- To build and lead effective working relationships with colleagues in commissioning, quality & improvement, operational services, the corporate Hub and other council teams to facilitate quality and cost-effective care and support arrangements
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Social Work Qualified
- In-depth understanding of the legislative frameworks for safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and good knowledge of legislation, care quality practice and contract monitoring for the relevant life stage (Start Well; Live and Age Well)
- Relevant work experience spanning at least 3 years in purchasing, sourcing, contract management and/or financial management in the public or private sector.
- Considerable experience of working with service users, families and suppliers for the relevant life stage (Start Well; Live and Age Well)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading teams, managing resources, and project management to deliver outcomes, quality, and value in the public sector
- Strong experience in managing resources, delivering efficiencies, commercial awareness, and market development to support cost-effective and sustainable care and services
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative and constructive way with others as part of a team, providing challenge where appropriate, to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings, build strong relationships and work flexibly with a wide range of stakeholders, including suppliers and operational services
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.