- Pay Rate:
Up to £234.53 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Brokerage Manager – Care & Support
Job Reference: Oxfordshire 5218880
Pay Rate: Up to £234.53 per day PAYE for exceptional candidates
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The postholder will lead a brokerage team providing advice, sourcing and establishing person-centred, high-quality and cost-effect care and support packages for individuals. They will provide strategic leadership and management to support the delivery of brokerage activities, including receiving referrals, identifying options, sourcing, negotiating and contracting arrangements.
The postholder will specialise in one of the following life stages, leading a team for sourcing the relevant care and support packages:
1] Start Well - Expected to source a wide range of placements for children and young people, including: fostering, residential, secure, semi-independent, and transition placements. There may also be a requirement to source SEND placements and services, as well as other services to complement care and support packages.
2] Live and Age Well - Expected to source a wide range of individual care and support packages for vulnerable adults (including those with learning and/or physical disabilities) and older people. This will include: residential care, supported living, extra care, homecare, mental health, and other complex needs. There may also be a requirement to source other services to complement care and support packages.
Where applicable, the postholder will also offer a range of services including providing information, identifying options and sourcing services for self-funders.
The postholder will line manage a number of Brokerage Officers who will specialise in the relevant life stage, as well as a number of Brokerage Support Officers who will operate flexibly to provide support across all brokerage activities.
The role will require joint working with other Council directorates, Health colleagues, providers, communities and other partners, therefore building effective working relationships and developing holistic opportunities is vital.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification or relevant professional experience commensurate with the role
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant work experience spanning at least 3 years in purchasing, sourcing, contract management and/or financial management in the public or private sector.
- Considerable experience of working with service users, families and suppliers for the relevant life stage (Start Well; Live and Age Well)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading teams, managing resources, and project management to deliver outcomes, quality, and value in the public sector.
- Evidence of using a range of tools and applications to manage effective brokerage, including interpreting data analysis and management information, and reporting to leadership teams.
- In-depth understanding of the legislative frameworks for safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and good knowledge of legislation, care quality practice and contract monitoring for the relevant life stage (Start Well; Live and Age Well)
- Strong experience in managing resources, delivering efficiencies, commercial awareness and market development to support cost-effective and sustainable care and services.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Strong ability to work under pressure in a complex, fast-paced and changing environment, prioritising effectively in order to deliver responsibilities
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative and constructive way with others as part of a team, providing challenge where appropriate, to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings, build strong relationships and work flexibly with a wide range of stakeholders, including suppliers and operational services.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Brokerage Manager – Care & Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.