- Pay Rate:
£388.10 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
- Stratford, London,
Interim Assistant Project Manager- Railway
Reference no: TL 0007 1937 / 1
Pay Rate: £388.10 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 8 months
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The post holder will be responsible for identifying emerging issues, providing recommendations on potential courses of action and escalating to the Project Manager - London Rail as appropriate. The role deputises for the Project Manager - London Rail as required, ensuring project and resource plans are managed and monitoring delivery against the agreed plan.
- Supporting various project delivery activities with the assigned project on a day-to-day basis, including issue resolution, progress reporting, risk management, budget management and on-schedule achievement of project deliverables.
- Identifying emerging issues, risks, problems or variance to the agreed project objectives, plan, budget and scope. Where appropriate, providing recommendations on potential courses of action and escalating to the Project Development Manager.
- Supporting the Project Manager in their project reporting and governance accountabilities, including progress reporting, risk and issue management, budget and financial management, planning and scheduling, and document control.
- Supporting the Project Manager in building effective relationships with project sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Assisting in the management of external contractors/suppliers with accountability for discrete aspects of the works whilst working in a collaborative manner with contractors and stakeholders.
- Contractor and supplier management.
- Delivering NR AMP and Health and safety file documentation.
- Managing a suite of minor projects – reporting on cost loaded programmes.
- Producing products and getting through gates.
- NR GIP design process.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent qualification (desirable).
- A professional qualification in project management e.g APMP or Prince2 (desirable).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Working in a complex multi-functional environment.
- Personal responsibility and accountability for working in high pressure teams and delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of delivering packages of work within projects.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within and outside the organisation.
- Analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), draw conclusions, and produce solutions.
- Build effective working relations with people within own project teams and with delivery partners outside the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment and deliver work with conflicting priorities to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of successful project delivery in a heavy rail environment.
- Railway systems experience and a background in power or telecom signalling would be required.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of project controls tools and techniques.
- Essential to have a good understanding of Group standards as applicable to project delivery - including GRIP and third party works requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of railway systems and interfaces across all disciplines.
- Good understanding of managing multi-disciplinary teams with delegated authority responsibilities.
- Understanding of project and programme management methodologies and processes.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Project Manager- Railway
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.