- Pay Rate:
£642.57 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire,
Interim Assistant Director – Housing
Job Ref: Stoke 5240420
Pay Rate: £642.57 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
The core purpose of this post is to support the delivery of the corporate strategy of the Council through the provision of high-quality services relating to housing strategy and housing management. The post-holder will ensure the delivery of high-quality services against agreed priorities and standards, with a strong focus on continuous improvement and value for money.
- To act as the council’s lead senior officer for housing management and related functions, overseeing and implementing the transformation of housing-related services, taking on board the conclusions and recommendations of Housing Health Check/Inspection activities and the feedback from deep engagement with residents, including crucially, council tenants and leaseholders.
- Responsible for all HRA Housing/Landlord Services including client responsibility for Housing Repairs and Maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable HRA Business Plan, producing appropriate and effective Housing/Landlord Policies, Strategies including relevant Asset Strategies (via Unitas).
- Compliance with the regulators Consumer Standards including in particular the standard relating to tenant involvement/empowerment.
- To determine the best models of service delivery, across the division which delivers a high-quality customer experience, achieves high performance and contributes to the council’s ambitions to be a commercial council.
- To develop/negotiate joint approaches to local service planning and delivery in partnership with all the relevant internal and external services providers and regional and national bodies.
- To support and implement the Council’s budget strategy within Government controls, including delivering on the requirements set by the section 151 officer on senior budget holders.
- Collection of circa £74m of HRA rental income per year
- Delivery of Housing Action Plans resulting in at least maintenance of a level of 2 Star and Excellent Prospects for Improvement and with an ambition for 3 Star status.
- High customer and staff satisfaction levels in access and service delivery, achieving top quartile performance.
- Effective and innovative policies, systems, procedures and service delivery models
- Effective controls and standards to ensure the efficient use of Housing Revenue Account resources.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- An appropriate professional housing qualification within the requirements of the Social Housing (Regulations) Act 2023 plus evidence of continuous professional development.
Skills & Experience:
- A thorough understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework within the service area.
- Experience of consistent achievement as a senior manager in Housing Management including evidence of a clear understanding of the statutory and regulatory functions relating to public standards and provision in the public sector.
- Experience of promoting equal opportunities and delivering best value through innovative, integrated, client and community focused service provision.
- Experience in developing effective working relationships, partnering with other agencies.
- Experience of successfully operating and negotiating with outside agencies.
- Experience of strategic management and achieving sustainable improvements, with the ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans.
- Experience of leading a significant programme of change which had major impact on staff and processes.
- Experience of effective budget management at a high level and accountability for strict monitoring of resources.
- Experience of commercial and business acumen, exploiting new opportunities to achieve output related change and an outward customer facing and community focus.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Director – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.