- Pay Rate:
£642.57 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire,
Interim Assistant Director for Planning, Regeneration & Transport
Job Ref: Stoke 5239146
Pay Rate: £642.57 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
The core purpose of this post is to support the delivery of the vision and strategy of the Council by securing opportunities for housing and commercial development, promoting regeneration and overseeing an effective land use planning and building control system.
- Lead the City Council’s input into major physical regeneration and place making programmes, including the Levelling Up programme.
- Leading key developments and investments to deliver a financial and social return on investment for the Council.
- Leading the design and delivery of housing development plans to facilitate a balanced housing stock that provides choice, quality and affordability.
- Supporting the development of Fortier, our housing investment vehicle for market housing.
- Development of key strategic sites and locations including master planning and securing investment and funding.
- Coordinating the physical regeneration and investment in our towns and city centre.
- Delivery of Planning Services, both Development Management and Planning Policy, including production of the Local Plan.
- Determine the best models of service delivery, across the division which delivers a high-quality customer experience, achieves high performance and contributes to the council’s ambitions to be a commercial council.
- Develop/negotiate joint approaches to local service planning and delivery in partnership with all the relevant internal and external services providers and regional and national bodies.
- To support and implement the Council’s budget strategy within Government controls, including delivering on the requirements set by the section 151 officer on senior budget holders.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with diverse stakeholders including; elected members, council officers, local communities, businesses, Government departments, and other external agencies in order to maximise capacity and pool resources wherever possible, including undertaking work with and for other LAs.
- Ensure the Council is equipped and supported to address all Government inspection and other external scrutiny in order to secure positive outcomes and high levels of achievement.
- Ensure that the right systems, policies and procedures are in place which secure a high standard of probity, regularity and control at all times, including with respect to information governance.
- Actively contribute to the role of the local authority as a corporate parent, in supporting our looked after children and care leavers to thrive.
- Embrace and role model the council’s commitment to develop a culture of continuous improvement and restorative practice.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- A property/regeneration/development related professional qualification (MRICS, CIOB or similar) with evidence of continuous professional development.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Extensive experience of property development and investment gained across the private and public sector.
- A thorough understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework within the service area in particular in relation to Property, Planning, Energy and Conservation.
- Experience of consistent achievement as a senior manager across areas of the service.
- Experience of working and developing effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders and negotiating with government and external agencies to secure growth.
- Experience of securing external funding to deliver strategic programmes to secure growth.
- Experience of strategic management and achieving sustainable improvements, with the ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans.
- Experience of effective budget management and accountability for monitoring resources.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Director for Planning, Regeneration & Transport
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.